Technical Help Is needed

Currently reading:
Technical Help Is needed

16V_Uno

Hi All

I would like to know if there is any one out there who can maybe help me, i recently did a conversion, i took a mk2 uno and planted a 1600 16V Palio engin into the little body, im running a stand alone fmr and not the orginial palio, the current cluster in the car works great except the rev counter, so i went and bought a after market revcounter, that looks sweet...... i would like to know if i can connect it up to the coil packs and what wires must i use for the trigger wires?

thanks any help is appretiated
signature.jpg
[/IMG]

not going to be able to use a wire from the coil packs, as you have 2 coils, 1 for cyl 1 and 4 and the other for 2 and 3. it makes use of the wasted spark system which means that the coil fires twice in one fouir stroke cycle, which would make the rev counter show double the revs the car is actually doing. if you have an aftermarket system in, i'm sure it must have an output for a revcounter, just find out from a tuner that supplies that ecu in you area.
are you from cape town?, is this the same car that was in the used and abused adverts on the s&s website?.

yes this is the same car, im running a gotech pro ecu but the output of the gotech doesnt seem to power up the rev counter, kosie and them said that i need a static line converter for the revcouner to work.... the car is still for sale....

thanks

Back