General Hello

Currently reading:
General Hello

HolyMacaroni

I bought a used 500L (2016 Multijet 1.3 duologic lounge) recently and am very pleased with it. Pleased also to find this forum!

Two queries that esteemed members may have ideas on?

1 There as a symbol that appears on the dash. It is a capital letter 'A' with a ring round it (plus arrow). No mention of it that I can find in the manual. Any ideas? (not able to post images on here at present until 5 posts deep)

2 On two occasions now the car has died on me. Both times I have driven about 5 miles from cold, then parked up for about half an hour. On driving again for a short distance (or a mile) the engine has suddenly died. No warning lights evident. Stopped and then restarted, no problem.

Fortunately it is on 6 months warranty. Intermittent faults like this can be hard for garages to diagnose. So I am wondering if anyone else has experience of something similar?

I bought a used 500L (2016 Multijet 1.3 duologic lounge) recently and am very pleased with it. Pleased also to find this forum!

Two queries that esteemed members may have ideas on?

1 There as a symbol that appears on the dash. It is a capital letter 'A' with a ring round it (plus arrow). No mention of it that I can find in the manual. Any ideas? (not able to post images on here at present until 5 posts deep)

2 On two occasions now the car has died on me. Both times I have driven about 5 miles from cold, then parked up for about half an hour. On driving again for a short distance (or a mile) the engine has suddenly died. No warning lights evident. Stopped and then restarted, no problem.

Fortunately it is on 6 months warranty. Intermittent faults like this can be hard for garages to diagnose. So I am wondering if anyone else has experience of something similar?
The Capital A with an arrow is telling you that the car is stopped and it is not running the engine due to the start and stop system being on.

You might want to read out the fault codes from the car. It is relatively easy to do, by using an Android smart phone and an app called 'Torque', as well as a bluetooth OBD2 adapter available from Ama*** for approximately 20 Euro.

Brandy

Back