Brava Hello

Currently reading:
Brava Hello

Just joined this forum. Happy to be a member :). My mother in law has a Fiat Brava 1.6 16V ELX from oktobre 1996 and is also in use by my son who has his driverslicence recently. We bought the car in 2007 with 206.000 km. With AC, electrical roof, car kit, navigation and a lot of luxury for this rather old car. Now the car has run 276.000 km and everything went wrong from that moment. Besides of the regular changes as renewing brakes and filters the generator and alternator has gone. The worst thing happened was that the timing belt broke. Eight of the valves were bended :cry:. So I bought a used cilinder head including the two camshafts and has made some results to fix the problem. Selecting the right spare parts as head gasket set, head bolts, waterpump and timing belt set has made it easy using Eper. But the site is not working properly now. What makes it difficult is getting the right the timing gear and tools for the old beast. Fixed that too :D and I hope I will get some piccies for you to show how I've done the job.

Maybe we have contact in the future, because I defenitly want to let her drive on the roads for a while longer after this open heart operation.

Kind Regards
Ralph

Back