Doblo Hello, new doblo owner..

Currently reading:
Doblo Hello, new doblo owner..

Coozer

Hi, just purchased a 56 plate Doblo and am pleased with the condition as it was very cheap but not the apparantly kaputt engine! It feels like its in limp home mode with no turbo boost...

I'll be investigating soon so stay tuned for the inevitable stupid questions!

Cheers,
Steve

does it have a dpf ? if it does that could be cause of your problem, they are expensive to replace, there is a firm at doncaster, that will remove it and remap your engine for £400

Thanks, first Fiat since I had a 126 donkeys ago, how do I know if it has a DFP? What exactly does it look like and where is it. Any pics would be a great help.

Cheers,
Steve

a dpf is designed to trap soot particles in your exhaust, and then burn them off at intervals, it is located on the front part your exhaust, and will have a sensor to it, if it becomes blocked, it will cause the engine to go into limp mode

Yep, there is a one in the exhaust, huge thing with a sensor coming out. No lights on though, looks like some muppet has been messing around and left a few bolts out in the engine bay. Turbo inlet just below the elbow (currently only held on with 1 bolt) is oily and cruddy on the outside indicating a boost leak. Stay tuned!

Steve

Thanks, does blanking the egr cause any problems with the sensor throwing up error codes in the ECU?

Just been up the shops and I presume the con man I bought it off warmed it up before I got there. Cold start and theres a some messages.
1. Glow plug error, glow light flashing. Starts OK and runs.
2. Engine failure.. not sure what that means as the thing is running
3. Service- Expired. That mean it needs a service??

Steve

Thanks, does blanking the egr cause any problems with the sensor throwing up error codes in the ECU?

No because you are mechanically blanking it off not electrically, however I am a firm believer in EGR's so my advice is get a new one if it is faulty.

Just been up the shops and I presume the con man I bought it off warmed it up before I got there. Cold start and theres a some messages.
1. Glow plug error, glow light flashing. Starts OK and runs. Needs glow plugs, easy except number 1 which is a pig to get at, to be honest doblos start ok so I wouldnt worry about this just yet.
2. Engine failure.. not sure what that means as the thing is running Could be one of many things, needs code(s) read
3. Service- Expired. That mean it needs a service?? Needs service, is the oil light flashing (if fitted)

Steve

Let us know how you get on(y)

Cheers, just ordered an ELM 327 t ocheck everthing.

No oil light, everything goes bac k to normal on the dash within a minute of running, no lights or warnings.

BE AWARE !! you will have to remove the R04 resistor inside the unit to get this to work, just spent nearly 12hours sorting this unit for fiatecuscan! just this second completed the task with this one simple resistor removal (soldering iron required)

rock on once you get it going!!! :slayer:

(y)

ELM 327 1.4

Ok, e learning as we speak...

In relation to the 'engine failure' I have towo error cosed 1203 & 0401.

DPF for 1206 and 0401 relates to the EGR having insufficient flow?

Any advise?

Cheers,
Steve

Quick update, I've had the DPF removed, egr blocked and the ecu reprogrammed to ignore these two items.

It now fly's, has tons of torque, takes off when the turbo kicks in at 1500rpm.

Well pleased!

Quick update, I've had the DPF removed, egr blocked and the ecu reprogrammed to ignore these two items.

It now fly's, has tons of torque, takes off when the turbo kicks in at 1500rpm.

Well pleased!

Awesome - good to hear!

Did you do the DPF/EGR yourself?

Back