General Hello everyone

Currently reading:
General Hello everyone

Brandon Whizy

I want to know guys that is it normal for a rubber boot to be fikled with gearbox oil as a lubricant beacuse that what a mechanic said, the reason I want help is that everytime I park the car I find oil on the floor it's a fiat uno 1100 mia please help

I want to know guys that is it normal for a rubber boot to be fikled with gearbox oil as a lubricant beacuse that what a mechanic said, the reason I want help is that everytime I park the car I find oil on the floor it's a fiat uno 1100 mia please help
Don't know for sure if it is the case with your vehicle but some cars have a drive shaft boot that is stationary with a bearing and oil seal in the end nearest the road wheel end of the gearbox shaft boot, in which case there can be oil present. The ones with grease in move with the drive shaft and have clips at both end of the boot.
However it may be you need a new boot with it's bearing and seal as you do not want to be losing gearbox oil!
Thinking back, if you look at the inner end and the boot is fixed to the gearbox by a plate with bolts then that is probably the case.
Make sure the gearbox oil is at the correct level , not over filled as this would make it worse.

Back