850 Hello all

Currently reading:
850 Hello all

Simmo468

Hi All,

I am about to embark on a restoration of my first ever Fiat and thought I'd come along and introduce myself and the car.

I'm Paul and live in Devon, I have never owned a Fiat before and to be honest I never intended to........

I mentioned at work that I wanted a classic car project and a friend mentioned that he had an old Fiat that was given to him and his brother years ago and they wanted rid of it as it has been sat in their workshop and neither wanted to work on it, he could remember too much about it but I agreed to have a look.

The car was buried under load of stuff and boxed in behind some cabinets, we eventually cleared enough to establish it to be a 1967 850 Coupe, the car had been used for rallying from 1970 until 1974 where it's gearbox gave up and it entered the shed. The car has been left untouched ever since ( even has 1970s rally dirt in the arches and pace notes and maps in the glove box).

Once I have transported it to my workshop I will be able to see what's what but other than the rear of the near side sill and both front wings and valence the body looks to be remarkably rust free, my aim will be to repair or replace the panels if I can find them and subtlety restore it so that I keep its rally appearance minor dents and all.

I will try to get better pics once it's free from its junk prison!

Cheers

Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 19
Back