General Hello all! info needed please

Currently reading:
General Hello all! info needed please

Wolfie

Hello all, I have just bought my self a Fiorino and as most of you probably already know that the parts are hard to find second hand. I need a brake caliper for the front and was wondering if anyone knew if one from a another fiat would fit?

Ian

Well, a reconditioned one overhere in Holland is about 100 euro's, that's about GBP 80, if I'm not mistaken.
And, no I don't think a caliper from another model will fit.

Have a look at www.hbase.nl go to the mnf year, search for you car, click on" remmen hydrauliek" and "Remtang".
It's all in Dutch, but it gives you a nice overview.

The brand is "HITEC" so find a partshop that carries it, although I'm sure there will be other brands as well.

But remember: brakes are the most important safety feature on any car, so don't mess with them...!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for that, but i just found one on the bay of E for £24 posted,been looking for 3 days so must have only just been listed so great result :D just need to find some steel wheels now

Ian

Congrats.
Be sure to use DOT 3 brakefluid, and not DOT4.
The Brazilian Fiorino's were designed to use the better flowing DOT 3.
To be sure, look at the fillercap, and use ONLY what's on there.
DOT 4 is no better quality, it's just a different fluid....!!

As for the wheels, I suggest to use 14 inch ones, steel or alloy, 4X98 and an ET (offset) of 35 to 38.

Last edited:
As for the wheels, I suggest to use 14 inch ones, steel or alloy, 4X98 and an ET (offset) of 35 to 38.

Can I ask why 14inch? I have 15 inch alloys at the moment making the steering very hard and reverse parking in a tight space is almost impossible . I use the van for courier work and was looking at going back to original size to help on the fuel efficiency, going by the spare it had 13 inch rims 165/70 tyres

You already gave the answer, 15 inch alloys demand very low profile tires, making the ride very uncomfortable, and the steering, as you mentioned hard.
14 inch with 185/55R14H tires are a good compromise over the original, small 13 inch wheel/tire combo.
I have them on my '93 Fiorino Pick-Up 1,7 Diesel, without power steering, I can steer the car with two fingers, even at low speed.
I use a bit more pressure in the tires, and have 1,5 inch wheel spacers at the back.
Very important, the alignment should be at minimum toe-out!

Last edited:
Peter - what model Fiat did you get your 14" steel wheels from and do you possibly have a part number? Because tonight I buckled one of my wheels of my Pick-up and although I have one spare original wheel left it got me thinking......

Last edited:
Back