Technical Height adjust motor (headlamps)

Currently reading:
Technical Height adjust motor (headlamps)

So I've been a silly boy, a week or two ago whilst fitting my LED sidelights I heard something pop in my head lamp and had a look around and couldn't find anything wrong and left it. Today I started my car facing the wall, switched my headlights on and instantly spotted that my drivers side beam was much higher than my passenger side. I quickly pressed the adjuster on my dashboard to find my drivers side beam didn't dip. After a bit of examination through the limited space you have in the headlights I've found that the motor is connected to the headlights through a little white ball joint seen here:

Now luckily I don't think it is actually broken it has just popped out of the bracket. My main issue is that I can't get it back on. Logic dictates I just push it back on from the other side, except I can't get to it as the headlight lens is in the bloody way. Any ideas people? It's driving me mad!

Oh and I'm 99% sure it's an MOT failure if the beams height isn't adjustable.

Last edited:
So I've been a silly boy, a week or two ago whilst fitting my LED sidelights I heard something pop in my head lamp and had a look around and couldn't find anything wrong and left it. Today I started my car facing the wall, switched my headlights on and instantly spotted that my drivers side beam was much higher than my passenger side. I quickly pressed the adjuster on my dashboard to find my drivers side beam didn't dip. After a bit of examination through the limited space you have in the headlights I've found that the motor is connected to the headlights through a little white ball joint seen here:

Now luckily I don't think it is actually broken it has just popped out of the bracket. My main issue is that I can't get it back on. Logic dictates I just push it back on from the other side, except I can't get to it as the headlight lens is in the bloody way. Any ideas people? It's driving me mad!

Oh and I'm 99% sure it's an MOT failure if the beams height isn't adjustable.

You been tinkering lol.I dunno how to fix it dude. You do hid yet

Back