Styling Headlights for Punto 55SX 96'

Currently reading:
Styling Headlights for Punto 55SX 96'

ring ultra xenon make a real diffrence on a mk1 punto, there are some links at the top of the page i think there are some twin headlights for mk1 punto there but they are about £300 gbp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

my sidelights on my 55sx are fully dull, i no sidelights arnt sposed to be bright but im jus concenerd that mine are to low, any1 else's b*ll*x? or is it jus my luck

Just to avoid confusion with the lingual issues... Sidelights are the lights used in towns, when there's someone passing you by etc. And headlights are used for open road. (I have a bit of a language barrier, I call them "long" and "short" lights). I noticed the sidelights ("short" lights) on my Punto are quite bleak, as if the reflection surface got tinted. Also, one of the lights has a broken holder, so it has some free movement, often resulting in a slight "out of axle" lighting. I would like to achive the quality of light as on a Punto Mk.2, nothing better than that (my folks driving a JTD and getting me green with envy all the time). My options are:
A) get a used light on some junkyard, or just try to glue my light back, then put in some stronger bulbs
B) get a new light from the autorised dealer (and get ripped off in the prosess), then put stronger bulbs
C) get an entire set of headlights for some reasonable price

If the reflection surface on the standard issue headlights is OK, I'll just skip the custom lights. On the other hand, if a pair of customs costs like 50% more than the standard ones, and they look nice, I might consider them. I went trough all the big parts/tuning/styling/separating people from their money/ sort of shops here, and they never heard of customs for my car. This 300 punds sounds way too expensive (I probably can find a used engine for that money here, but not in a good condition). Just for the record, when I needed this "small thingies" for a Renault 4, I went and bought a whole car (pink slips and keys and everything) for 20 euro. I took windows, stuff for the dashboard, cabine heating fan, cabine lining, seats, mirrors... My mechanic took a lot of other stuff, and threw away the rusty parts (about 80% of the car). Right now I'm learning how to make a maximum of my budget when it comes to a Punto. For example, I got a "plug into the lighter socket" handsfree for my mobile (I think it was about 50 euro, maybe less), so I installed another lighter socket into the cover of the fuse compartment, added a safety fuse and a switch, hid the microphone cable behind the dash and lining, and put a holder on the left side of the wheel. This works really great, I utilised a quite useless little "tray", got an instalation I can remove when I'm parking in a bad 'hood (most of the town), there's no cables going all over the place, and all for about 60 euro, and some work.

Back