Technical Hazard blinkers work by themselves

Currently reading:
Technical Hazard blinkers work by themselves

goride

My 2013 Panda has a strange problem of 4 hazard blinkers come on by themselves.
Its not the switch, since pressing the switch does nothing. Also, I disconnected the switch and problem continue.
1. I suspect its a problem with grounding. Where do I find the grounding for the blinkers?
2. If the blinkers relay is faulty, where the relay is located?

It is more complicated than that. The Panda uses a system called CanBus which means a computer is controlling most of the electrical items. Pressing the hazard light switch doesn’t operate them directly- it sends a signal to the computer saying ‘turn them on’. They can also come on if you brake really hard (an automatic warning to a car behind that you have braked suddenly), so it could be a fault in the system that detects that (which I believe is done by measuring how fast the two contacts in the brake light switch operate). If there is a flasher relay, that sits beside the other relays and the fuses inside the car (up above the pedals on a left-hand drive model). But there may not be one - again it may be ‘switched’ from within the computer. The ‘clicking’ sound is made electronically.

Back