General Greetings..................

Currently reading:
General Greetings..................

happy xmas

Bah Humbug!! The ghost of Christmas past has left me - a flat tyre!!!

Using the inflator pump, fine up to the point of starting the engine for obvious reasons and the pump stopped working. Fuse blown I guess but I'm in Devon and the manual's in Scunny. Any idea where the fuse is for the power socket in the centre console please? Otherwise a 5 mile walk to Christmas lunch....

Any help gratefully received.

R-V-M (Merry Christmas fellow Qubists and Fiorinists)

Merry Christmas RVM! Roger that from Shotgun.

It looks like F85 in engine bay is main 30A fuse feeding F94 & F96 15A in panel under steering wheel.
It's the vertical bank of 12 fuses next to OBD socket. F94 is cigar lighter 6 from top and F96 is passenger comp current outlet 7 from top.

Last edited:

It looks like F85 in engine bay is main 30A fuse feeding F94 & F96 15A in panel under steering wheel.
It's the vertical bank of 12 fuses next to OBD socket. F94 is cigar lighter 6 from top and F96 is passenger comp current outlet 7 from top.

Muchas gracias to both of you. Looks like I'll get sorted. I think there's an ATS on the road into Exmouth so I'll trust their indigestion has subsided by Saturday and go get it fixed then.

Curses to Fiat for being such tight-wads and not fitting a real tyre and kit in every car they make. It's not as if they don't make enough vast profits..
Just out of interest, has anyone replaced a tub of gloop for repairing a puncture - what do they rip you off for that in ££?
I'm grateful for a fairly pro inflator unit. Steel wheel and tyre at the earliest opportunity coming up. Need all the under-boot kit and wind-down mechanism too, plus the jack bag.

Enjoy your lunches!

R-V-M :yum::yum:

I went and got myself a get you home wheel from the scrappy doesn't take to much room up in the boot came out of coupe from memory and he only charged me a tenner :)
Have a good day :)

I think I want to have words with the 'designer' of fuse box locations in small Fiats. HOW did anyone get that under bonnet location and lid removal process past a verification body? It's intensely annoying! As I finally got it free, it flicked off the +ve battery terminal cover which clattered down into the inner recesses of the engine. Fun eh?

When one's Qubo only comes with a leccy pump and a tin of gloop, should there be anything else in the kit bag beside those, a screwdriver and a towing eye? Like a fuse puller and some spares maybe?

Any road up, thanks to the good ol' Fiat Forum, I located the front box 30A fuse - intact and good. Dismantled the under column bit and pulled the other two fuses and one was dead. Thanks also to my careful Mum keeping old school fuse wire, careful wrapping (due to zero spares in the car) got me a working 15A fuse (the lower one). As far as I'm aware, aren't there various size flavours of the same fuses dependent on car manufacturer? I can only see that I'd have to pull a sample set and high-tail it to Halfords on Saturday for a choice set of spares.
The fuse holder where the two 15A fuses were looks like an afterthought screwed on top of some more fuses behind. No fuse use legend on the back of the removed panel.. Have to return to the manual perhaps? What would the other spaces be for on that added row?

R-V-M

Blade fuses come in 2 sizes for general fuse box use shall we say , there's normal and minis they range from 2a up to 30 or 40 , I just normal stock up at scrappys and keep a load in a money bag in the glovebox also handy should you ever come across a damsel in distress with a blown fuse :)

Glad you're semi-sorted RVM and hope you enjoyed your lunch as much as me, although tomorrow's better as it's Bubble & Squeek :yum: (y)

My pump/gloop container also has spare fuses and a puller, but only one of each size. I bought 35 assorted mini blade fuses for £1.50 on fleabay.

Gloop is OK as long as the tyre is still seated on the rim but there's no substitute for a spare (see earlier threads on this and the carrier) to give peace of mind. ;)

Safe trip back to Scunny and don't forget to pop your handbook back in the glovebox when you get there!! :rolleyes:

Glad you're semi-sorted RVM and hope you enjoyed your lunch as much as me, although tomorrow's better as it's Bubble & Squeek :yum: (y)

My pump/gloop container also has spare fuses and a puller, but only one of each size. I bought 35 assorted mini blade fuses for £1.50 on fleabay.

Gloop is OK as long as the tyre is still seated on the rim but there's no substitute for a spare (see earlier threads on this and the carrier) to give peace of mind. ;)

Safe trip back to Scunny and don't forget to pop your handbook back in the glovebox when you get there!! :rolleyes:

I'll look for the fuse pack thanks. Also there must be something else I need besides the wind up gear device thing to mount the wheel under the floor.
This maybe although I can't imagine what it does.

R-V-M

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yep a handle to wind it up and down oh and what else oh yeh a wheel :)

Hi RVM I posted some phots HERE last year and there's an earlier post as well with wheel/tyre sizes THERE.

Wheel brace fits lowering nut in bumper.

Your ebay link is for injector cleaner :confused: but if you need more wheel/carrier info, post to the link above.

Good luck with your "gloopy" tyre at Exmouth ATS (y)

Last edited:
Hi RVM I posted some phots HERE last year and there's an earlier post as well with wheel/tyre sizes THERE.

Wheel brace fits lowering nut in bumper.

Your ebay link is for injector cleaner :confused: but if you need more wheel/carrier info, post to the link above.

Good luck with your "gloopy" tyre at Exmouth ATS (y)

Hehe, sorry, I went elsewhere for doing the link and got in a mess with the swapping of tabs (iPad use today) and obviously lost the copied link. New corrected link now posted there up above.

Thanks for the info - will go and browse the links and I now see where my linked bracket (x3) goes. Cheers.

R-V-M

Last edited:
Back