Greetings everyone

Currently reading:
Greetings everyone

Karlklib

My name is Karl Klibschon from Toowoomba, Australia. My son Kurt purchased a 2013 Punto Easy 1.4 8v petrol automatic around 10 years ago and loved it. It’s now done 121,000 kms with hardly any issues.
He’s just bought a new car and the dealer only offered him $1,000 dollars as a trade in so we decided to tidy it up, fix a few things and sell it privately.
The rear left electric window didn’t work so I have replaced the wire cables and fixed it. The Bluetooth doesn’t work and the odometer flashes but I think I can live with that and the oil light comes on continuously when the engine is cold( oil filter has been changed and high quality oil has been added). I believe this is a common problem but I’m not sure what the cause is or the solution may be.
I’ve never been a Fiat “person” but the more I work on it and drive it around the more I like it.
Anyway enough from me for now and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Regards Karl

Hello. It is worth a lot more than 1000. I'd be tempted to put it under a cover and store it. You never know when your going to need a cheap second car.

I think the flashing odometer and non working bluetooth is down to the Blue and Me socket or module failing, fairly cheap fix and parts are available on ebay.

Id try fitting a replacement oil pressure switch to try to cure the oil light issue! the diaphram inside it may be hardened with age and inflexible when cold! worth a try you dont want sudden oil pressure failure to go unnoticed due to a faulty light !

Id try fitting a replacement oil pressure switch to try to cure the oil light issue! the diaphram inside it may be hardened with age and inflexible when cold! worth a try you dont want sudden oil pressure failure to go unnoticed due to a faulty light !
Thanks for your input Steve. I have tried a new switch with no luck but I did read a post on this forum today where someone had a mechanic remove the sump on their car and discovered a fault at the top of the oil pick up tube allowing it to possibly suck in some air. I think it was a rough surface and o ring failure combination. Made sense to me. Once they sorted that the fault disappeared.
Looks like I’m taking the sump off mine.
Thanks again Steve

Back