GP 1.9 remap?

Currently reading:
GP 1.9 remap?

puntol70

New to all this but really want a bit more out of my GP 1.9 multijet. Ive heard they can be remapped to 186bhp from standard 130. Whos the best company to go with for price and quality as there soooo many to chose from off the web. Also if i do remap it does anything else need to change as ive read the engine is 150hp mapped to the 130 so with an extra 36 surely that must put pressure elsewhere on the engine and coolers???

Help will be much appreciated.

also finally the cars still got one year left on warranty will it void it if the fiat dealer finds out?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum :) Theres loads of info on remapping the Mjet in the GP section, have a seach on there. I used Red Dot Racing in Enfield, they did a great job, totally transforms the car. The only thing to be wary of is the turbo, but its fine with care.

Welcome to the forum :) Theres loads of info on remapping the Mjet in the GP section, have a seach on there. I used Red Dot Racing in Enfield, they did a great job, totally transforms the car. The only thing to be wary of is the turbo, but its fine with care.

:yeahthat: & ditto Red Dot. I've done 25,000 miles now since my re-map & no other mods so if used appropriately its fine. I moved my Service intervals in by a few thousand miles & had my cambelt changed at 56,000 miles but its still excellent, quick, reliable & economical when required! (y)

Cheers guys. when u say about looking after the turbo i dont think ive ever done anything to my turbo??!! slightly worrying as i seem to always be driving quite fast due to doing 100 miles a day.

What is a general price for a remap and does it really make a difference which you can notice?

stil waiting to be accepted to join the GP section of the site so cant get on there to see the info on there yet.

Cheers guys. when u say about looking after the turbo i dont think ive ever done anything to my turbo??!! slightly worrying as i seem to always be driving quite fast due to doing 100 miles a day.

What is a general price for a remap and does it really make a difference which you can notice?

stil waiting to be accepted to join the GP section of the site so cant get on there to see the info on there yet.

If the remap is done right you will soooooooooo feel and notice the difference.

Trust me, from stock to 190Bhp+ & 260+ ft lbs of torque you'll feel it! (y)

Looking after the turbo... well... give it some spin down time at the end of a run, a minute or two is OK some say more, before you switch off.

Change the oil & filter regularly for top quality correct spec oil.

Maintain the oil level correctly, dont over-fill or let it run too low.

Check the pipework to the turbo from time to time to enure its still fitted and tight (even without a re-map TBH)

Re-map at Red Dot on a Fiat Forum Rolling Road day is £200.

Last edited:
haha 190bhp from a GP thts pretty awesome!!! cheers. So Fiat forum have proper days where they do the remaps then? do you know when the next is? £200 is a good price especially with people recommending red dot.

Sorry for all the questions very new to this so want to do it right first time.
also finally i guess you have to disclose this to the insurance company? does it generally bump insurance up?

thanks

haha 190bhp from a GP thts pretty awesome!!! cheers. So Fiat forum have proper days where they do the remaps then? do you know when the next is? £200 is a good price especially with people recommending red dot.

Sorry for all the questions very new to this so want to do it right first time.
also finally i guess you have to disclose this to the insurance company? does it generally bump insurance up?
thanks

Yes it does, best to disclose though, how much by depends on your circumstances etc.

Check this link below from the last FF RR day on Oct 4th, try a PM to dave see when the next one is, or look for an offer on E-Bay

Last edited:
Cheers for that info. Jus pm'd Dave to find out when next day is hopefully should get it done. 130bhp isnt enough any more lol

Cheers for that info. Jus pm'd Dave to find out when next day is hopefully should get it done. 130bhp isnt enough any more lol

Actually they are around 140 Bhp as stock but I know what you mean, I've grown used to my power now, I'll miss it when I sell up for a small petrol low emissions car... :eek:

Im going down to reddot Friday morning for a remap, costing me £200! I love the fact you can just pop in, have it mapped and drive out with 180+bhp!

One thing I'm woundereing, can I choose how much bhp I want? Cus I don't want to over do it! 180 would be great, I've noticed some get 190+!

Oh and should I use posh diesel or will the supermarket poverty fuel be ok?

Im going down to reddot Friday morning for a remap, costing me £200! I love the fact you can just pop in, have it mapped and drive out with 180+bhp!

One thing I'm woundereing, can I choose how much bhp I want? Cus I don't want to over do it! 180 would be great, I've noticed some get 190+!

Oh and should I use posh diesel or will the supermarket poverty fuel be ok?

(y) Just have a word when your turn comes, tell the guys what you want. As far as fuel goes I always use Shell, not the expensive one though, just the nomal Shell diesel. May be complete coincidence but I have had none of the much vaunted EGR issues in 57,000 miles either.

hmm i got a feeling my egr is getting rather blocked, i wont have time to clean it befor the remap, will i see the same results with it slightly blocked?

hmm i got a feeling my egr is getting rather blocked, i wont have time to clean it befor the remap, will i see the same results with it slightly blocked?

A feeling....? "Rather blocked..."..?

I'd say no, the engine cant give its best with an incorrectly functioning EGR, but Augusto at Red Dot is better placed to advise TBH.

get the feeling my egrite benifit a clean, it has symptoms occasional of blocked egr, but nothing majour!

I'm off to London now! Stopping in the travelodge near by! Next time you hear from me I should have a few more stallians!

Back