General gearbox getting worse

Currently reading:
General gearbox getting worse

hi guys on with the gearbox, got to the bolts that mount the hub to the suspension strut and they are rusty as f**k and dont want to come off i have already tried wd-40 any ideas please help:confused:

i'd get my comressor out and attack them with an air ratchet. garages use air tools for a reaon, it makes life so much easier. you can usually get a compressor with air tools cheap in the adtrader.

oh well car went in today, all was going well untill it came to put on the new box. new clutch in and everythin, then just as they were about to fit new box, they spotted a crack in the bell housing !!! so now both boxes need sending off to make one good one oh well it seems to be never ending at the moment just more money on the hgt !!!!! :(

thanks jug you put my mind at rest a bit there, i was a bit worried to begin with, i had heard several different opinions, its been to a proper engineering company and is ready to be picked up in the morning and ready to be put back on the car thank god as the car is still stripped down and sat waiting for the box(y)

cheers again jug(y)

A friend of mine had an RS2000
The muppets at the garage dropped the box when fitting a clutch.
It cracked next to the mount and for the reason Jug says, kept cracking open despite two attempts to have it welded.
Luckily the garage found a new box and all was well.

Have seen several boxes welded without issue though.

Back