Technical Gear Knob

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Knob

Earlofdavetona

Hi guys, anyone know how to get the leather gear knob off of a 20v turbo without doing irrepearable damage to it?
I have found one in a breakers yard and I want it for my daughters Cinq sporting.

Try giving it a good tug but if it won't budge,you may have to butcher it to get it off which won't be much good for you.
Pretty sure the gear knob is not screwed on like normal cars.
You could try to give it a good whack from underneath.Use a bit of wood in between the knob and the hammer though.
People normally only take the existing ones off to replace with aftermarket ones.

Last edited:
Straddle it so it's where your crotch is (fnarr fnarr) and then lift it up using both hands and rest your fore arms on your legs for extra leverage. It will come off but you'll have to keep yanking, don't give up! (Rhubarb Rhubarb) Just don't break your nose punching yourself in the face with a gearknob 'n' two fist combo like somebody did on 't' coop forum :D

Straddle it so it's where your crotch is (fnarr fnarr) and then lift it up using both hands and rest your fore arms on your legs for extra leverage. It will come off but you'll have to keep yanking, don't give up! (Rhubarb Rhubarb) Just don't break your nose punching yourself in the face with a gearknob 'n' two fist combo like somebody did on 't' coop forum :D

Yes indeed, this is the method I used, & yes I hurt my nose:eek: As said by Pinin, it will come off. Try heating the knob with a hair dryer, this may help:D

Back