Technical fuse for lighter plug

Currently reading:
Technical fuse for lighter plug

shotgun

Established member
can someone tell me were the fuse is for the lighter plug I have checked under the bonnet and in the cab but cant find any that are gone
also the radio stops on when I turn off and take the key out so I have to turn it off at the radio

Lighter socket turns off when you kill the engine, and as for the radio, have you checked in its settings to see if you have a delay set before it turns off when engine off.
Cheers Qube O.

yes but the lighter plug is not working any time with engine on or off no 12v live to it but cant fine a fuse

yes but the lighter plug is not working any time with engine on or off no 12v live to it but cant fine a fuse

You say the cigar lighter socket is not working but have you checked the internal contact using a 12V tester with the ignition key on to see if it has a supply? My socket does not make contact with accessory plugs (tyre inflator, satnav etc.) and I suspected the fuse but it was ok. I now use a two-way adaptor with adjustable plug that can be tightened into the socket to make a good contact. (y)

If there is no voltage at the socket, the cigar lighter fuse is located in the engine bay fusebox near the battery - number F85 rated at 30A. If you've got a handbook it's on page 143, if not then with the fusebox cover removed, it's the end one of the five fuses near the relays.

Good luck ;)

yes tested it no 12v supply checked all the fuses in the box under the bonnet and in the car all ok the hand book states 3 fuses for the lighter some not even in the box . so run a new 12v supply to it now from fuse box in the car so its all working

Back