Technical Fuel leak ?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel leak ?

Hey guys I've got a 08 1.9 JTD Multi and since I bought it it's had a small leak of diesel that is coming from the back of the engine towards the firewall and runs down to eventually drip off the sump plug and surrounds. I have no performance issues except some white smoke when I'm giving it a bit of stick open road it's doing 36MPG it has 141000 on the clocks. It looks wet near no 1 injector area and at the T piece my question is this...

1. Is this injector seals the copper washer ones?
2. Or can it be a leaky hose?
3. From the fuel pump?

Just wanted some ideas before I buy spares as this is my only transport so need it to run. Thanks in advance

Can you post a photo or two of the offending areas?
Yes, the injector seals are the typical copper washer type.
Have you tried a leak-off test? Unless you're doing a lot of very short trips or just town drivings, you should be seeing better than 36mpg. 141k is nothing exceptional for the JTD-m engine, as long as it's been serviced on time, every time..

Thanks for the reply it eventually got so bad I now have changed the copper seals and it had a leak in the rail from corrosion in a corner weld. It's much better now and using the aircon doesn't make my eyes water anymore (y)

Well my happiness was short lived its back and I can't find it or even get a nice pic as it's in a place that only the twisted designers could have thought up to torture me as my forearm don't even fit nicely. It appears to be closest to the timing belt side rear of the engine it eventually drops down from the sumpplug any ideas where else I can look?

i have the same leak, quite bad when zero temp outside.

the bosch pump is known to leak diesel there is also the plastic box on the rear that can leak, mine is a doblo but yours should be the same.
83B07D9AA1BD141256F108255A752D8F.png

Last edited:
id check the pipes and clips on this box that runs inbetween the fuel filter and pump as it works as a fuel return unit

Back