Technical Fuel Cut Off Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Cut Off Problem

SamFarrant

Have a five week old Punto 2012 GBT sports model. Driving down a slip road onto the M4 yesterday complete cut out and 'Fuel Cut Off' light came on. Got the car started after a few minutes but immediately did it again.

AA came out and couldn't diagnose the fault and eventually completed journey without any more problems. Obviously very worried about motorway driving now.

Anyone else had this problem?

I never had this problem, but if your doors also unlocked (if you had them locked to begin with) and/or if the cabin light came on, I'd go for the the inertia switch is at fault. but that's more of a guess then anything else

Hi Sam welcome to the forum :wave:

Did you hit a large pothole just prior or do any excessive breaking / swerving?

as above sounds like an inertia switch fault on the early Grande puntos there was a reset button in the drivers footwell trim but newer Grande puntos' evos and i assume the 2012 model come with it built into the engine management / airbag/ body computer system.....

the Reset method is shown in the handbook

To reset car operation, follow this procedure:

turn the ignition key to MAR;

activate the right-hand indicator;

deactivate the right-hand indicator;

activate the left-hand indicator;

deactivate the left-hand indicator;

activate the right-hand indicator;

deactivate the right-hand indicator;

activate the left-hand indicator;

deactivate the left-hand indicator;

❒ turn the ignition key to STOP.

Many thanks for your help. Was just pulling away from services - no potholes or heavy breaking. Will give the garage a call to have a look at it.

Back