General Front and rear mudflaps for 500

Currently reading:
General Front and rear mudflaps for 500

Mads Gorm

Hi

I have been looking for Fiat 500 Hybrid rear and front 500 mudflaps / mud guards. There is some original 500 rear mud guards, but I would like the style of front and back to match. There is some post on the topic in this forum, but I don't think anyone has posted a solution? Do you use mudflaps?

Thanks in advance

I see there are a lot of mudflap sets for sale these days but make sure they're intended for UK/EU vehicles - bespoke rear flaps for the US version will not fit. My car is fitted with the OEM rear flaps. I know they're not much practical use but I like them and they work with the black car, though they look a bit naff with any other colour.

I was looking at them today but would look naff on my white car
I did notice the only OEM ones are only available for the rear & not the front!
Aftermarket do both but they may not fit
Methinks they'd make the Gucci look like a rally car...! There was a lot of discussion about them on the forum back in 2014/15 with the general concensus being that they served no practical purpose and looked like "elephant ears" Nonetheless I fitted them because, as I said, I like them (no accounting for taste!) and on the black they don't look out of place.

Crap photo but you get the idea;

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 50
Methinks they'd make the Gucci look like a rally car...! There was a lot of discussion about them on the forum back in 2014/15 with the general concensus being that they served no practical purpose and looked like "elephant ears" Nonetheless I fitted them because, as I said, I like them (no accounting for taste!) and on the black they don't look out of place.

Crap photo but you get the idea;
Nice picture of them - is it your car?

Very nice looking - and thanks for the extra picture - you get a good impression of how they look.

Thanks - it's a smart little machine and I love it. The mudflaps aren't fitted entirely according to the instructions - I didn't want to drill the bumper so I found a couple of metal clips to clamp both together on the inside edges and also filled the joint with black silicone. The upper parts along the wheel arch were supplied with double-sided tape which left a small gap at the top between the rubber and the paint so I filled that with a thin bead of silicone too to prevent water and dirt getting behind it. Just as secure - they've been on for seven years!

Thanks - it's a smart little machine and I love it. The mudflaps aren't fitted entirely according to the instructions - I didn't want to drill the bumper so I found a couple of metal clips to clamp both together on the inside edges and also filled the joint with black silicone. The upper parts along the wheel arch were supplied with double-sided tape which left a small gap at the top between the rubber and the paint so I filled that with a thin bead of silicone too to prevent water and dirt getting behind it. Just as secure - they've been on for seven years!

I think a found your guide to installation, when I was looking for information - it's a good guide. I am amazed I that nobody seem to be making for dedicated front and rear mud-flaps for the 500. But I must say I also find, that almost no installs some on it.

Not my guide, I haven't even seen it. I'm not worried about front splash guards as my car never leaves the bitumen and I'm reluctant to even take it out on wet days. I just like the look of the rear flaps.:giggle:

If I found a pair of front ones that matched I might consider them though! The car's got practically everything else...

Back