General First Post - used 500 1.3 Multijet arrives next weekend. Hello and a quick ques

Currently reading:
General First Post - used 500 1.3 Multijet arrives next weekend. Hello and a quick ques

Brighouse500

Hello All,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum as I am soon to be driving a Fiat 500. I am an Italian car lover and own an Alfa GTV 3.0 V6, and am on the AlfaOwner forum.

The company I work for, in their infinite wisdom are withdrawing my company car, so I have spent the last few weeks trying different cars out to my specification. I worked out that I needed something with great MPG and I realised it didn't need to be big, just comfortable for me to drive and fit a set of telescopic ladders in the boot.

I hadn't even considered a 500 until I drive one at a local garage, just to satisfy my curiosity (I was looking at Skoda Fabia's).

Anyway, I found one on Autotrader in red, 2008 reg with sport spec,and ultimately with only 17000 on the clock.

I just wanted to know whether there was anything that I need to bare in mind given the low mileage. Is there anything age, rather than wear related that I should keep an eye on? Does the 1.3 have a timing belt or a chain, and if it is a belt, is there an age limit I should be aware of etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

Dismal is a timing chain, as long as the oil changes are done at the right time it should be fine. Strangely low mileage for such an old car though!

Welcome along , my wife's got a 500 multijet their a great engine . As maxi says just keep the oil changed regular and you should be ok , also keep an eye on the oil level rising if its only used in town due to fuel getting into the sump after a Dpf regen ,driven sensibly you should achieve some fantastic mpg . The Gtv sounds a beauty , is it your weekend car ?

Mark

Thanks for the advice chaps. I will certainly keep on top of the oil changes and keep an eye an the levels. I'm fairly used to this on the GTV anyway, as it loves oil.

I will be doing lots of long journeys so hopeful the regen can be done easily on the motorway.

The GTV is indeed a weekends kinda car, and it is indeed a lovely car. Bloody quick.

Andy

Back