Fiorino (Mk1/Mk2) fiorino 1.7 td 2000

Currently reading:
Fiorino (Mk1/Mk2) fiorino 1.7 td 2000

V7EX

Hello All, I recently bought a 1.7 td fiorino (2000) "box van" the cam belt snapped while I was changing gear at about 40 mph, are there any suitable donor engines from other Fiat models or other manufactures if all is lost and the valves are bent. Since then a small oil leak has sprung from around the starter motor. It had to be put on the back of a truck to get home. I'm not one for scrapping things that still have a chance but is it worth doing the work or starting again?. any information on the cam belt/pulley set up would be greatly appreciated. P.S where would be the best place to pick a Haynes manual/workshop manual/ user guide, I've searched the English speaking web and come up with nothing. thanks for any help and happy motoring.

Since I posted this I have had the cam belt problem sorted out with a fair bit of work! Running like it did if not better, one of the thing I did notice is that the emergency fuel cut of switch in the front passenger footwell has been pressed it may have stopped the supply of diesel or may not have but I don't want to drive it any further and find out it has the hard way is there another switch hidden somewhere else that sort the problem out? Again many thanks for any information regarding the fiorino :)

Thank you very much guys much appreciated. everything for now seems to be running smoothly and I'm really getting to grips with diving her as it's my first 4 wheeled vehicle!

Back