General finally got my act together, and delved into the horror that is my garage.....

Currently reading:
General finally got my act together, and delved into the horror that is my garage.....

and shed! 15odd years of uno ownership, arsing about, stripping them down, collecting bits, alloys, running gawd know how many variants of mk1, has left my storage looking like:
P1090759.JPG

P1090762.JPG

P1090765.JPG

the second garage where red currently resides doesn't look much better with panels and seats all over the place, so was time for action, esp as i my intention is to get her stripped down to rebuild her again. and for that i need space and not a little organisation (a really nice 4 garage unit would be cool, but the mrs is putting the size 6 down hard....for now)

so with a lot of help from chas and jason, got my act together, and so far have ended up with:

shelving into the rafters, for bulky non essentials, door cards, plastics, seatbelts, grilles, rubber:
P1090803.JPG

P1090783.JPG

P1090781.JPG

P1090780.JPG

P1090777.JPG

P1090772.JPG

P1090770.JPG

wall mounted storage units for all those itty bitty bits:
P1090784.JPG

and just a nicer place to hang out:
P1090808.JPG

as soon as the summers season is over, time to get red over, and get her back to glory:slayer:

Jai mate, will you sell me that parcel shelf ?

Charlie.

was wondering when the requests would come in:p

sorry fella, a lot of these bits are going to the red one, esp that shelf, has two 6x9 holes in it, will be attempting surgery on it with some ply and carpet, see if can recover the gawd awful state it's in

I've seen worse garages, my 6 car garage only has 2 and a half cars in it atm due to the clutter.
though if people would actually pick up the stuff they win on ebay could be better!

keep up the good work, my goal is to get uno in it by next winter!

Failing that be on look out for a luton van body!

Looking good Jai! :)
Part of your problem, though, is too many wheels... don't you also have the garden shed stacked high with wheels?

For overseas readers... There seems to be something in England that states that a garage shall be no wider than absolutely necessary - so if the photos make the garage look narrow, it's because it is :p That's why Jai has an Uno Turbo rather than a Ferrari Testarossa.

I think in one of the photos we can see a red Chas Uno in the gloom outside - I feel cold just looking at the picture, brings back the memory of being there!

By the way, just to avoid any accusations of the pot calling the kettle black... you can see where my Uno lives in a thread I'm about to post. Believe it or not, within one hour the Uno was out and running after its 14-month lay-up.

-Alex

Last edited:
Lol. I think I might start a 'post a pic of your garage' thread in LL.

Ours are just as bad.

One with a Panda Selecta in, under aload of stuff, and the other full of boxes, boot lids, 3 bumpers and aload of other stuff, that's not to mention the seperate parts store, summer house thats now a parts hoard, and garden :p

Bring on the summer and a car will fit into garage number 2 :)

wheel whoring has its price...........:p

in total 9 and a half sets.....i think:rolleyes:
Oh Brother, don't mention that
Apart form the sets on the vehicles I currently have
1No off roading set [good alloys + good tyres] for Mitsubishi Delica 4x4
1No duff set [good alloys + crap tyres] for Mitsubishi Delica 4x4
1No bare set [good alloys + no tyres] for Mitsubishi Delica 4x4
1No duff set [good alloys + crap tyres] for Smart Car City Coupe
1No half decent set [good wide steelies + 2crap 2 good tyres] for Smart Car City Coupe
1No half decent set [Fair Gran finale alloys + 2crap 2 good tyres] for Uno or X1/9
Plus maybe 6No bare X1/9 Cromorodas in various states of alloy oxide decay

Need to get myself one of those Sealey Manual Tyre changers to strip all the duff tyres and save some space
a245aa14d3b59a54df6e8b99278de14e.jpg

It would cost me more than the £60ish they cost if I went to our local tyre places to gets tyres pulled off rims and disposed of . .

It would cost me more than the £60ish they cost if I went to our local tyre places to gets tyres pulled off rims and disposed of . .

terrible, i go to my local tyre shack, £5 to strip 8 cacky tyres of rims, local dump only takes 5 tyres at a time, but a polite request and i can dispose of them all there.

btw the delica rims, 5 or 6 stud?

terrible, i go to my local tyre shack, £5 to strip 8 cacky tyres of rims, local dump only takes 5 tyres at a time, but a polite request and i can dispose of them all there.
That's Scousers for you
They would want fiver a wheel to strip them off
When I went and had 4 of my own tyres swapped over from a set of delica rims to my SJ steelies + valves + balance
It cost me £40 !

btw the delica rims, 5 or 6 stud?
Delica Rims are the usual Jap 6 stud 139mm PCD
Same as all bigger JaP 4x4s
Mitsu Shoguns
Mitsu Pajeros
Toyota Hi-Lux
Toyota Surf
Isuzu Trooper

Last edited:
For overseas readers... There seems to be something in England that states that a garage shall be no wider than absolutely necessary - so if the photos make the garage look narrow, it's because it is :p That's why Jai has an Uno Turbo rather than a Ferrari Testarossa.

could barely get the 155 in when i had that, front half only, and could barely open a door.....

i have a dream, that one day will own a house with a double garage, and a drive, or a lockup with space for four cars and spares....:D

Alot of garages in the UK were designed to take an Austin 7, or an A35 at a push!

My garage can only take up to a Porsche 944, Jags & Senators stick out the end & you have to get in & out via the sunroof! (I`ve no-nailed a chunk of sponge on the wall so I can open the door without damaging the Boxster!)

Having said that, the guys garage next to mine houses a Ferrari F430 convertible, but he has to literally open the roof to get in & out...

Heres the car port at my parents:

17032009844.jpg

(thats after I`d cleared the boxes off the boot!)

18032009849.jpg

The garage there:

130520091012.jpg
130520091013.jpg
130520091016.jpg

I`ve not taken pics of my parents garden! (including about 8 sets of wheels).

My garage up here:

230320098881.jpg

My lofts just as bad!

Last edited:
Back