Styling Fiat Uno 1.0 ie

Currently reading:
Styling Fiat Uno 1.0 ie

ScouserSean

Totally new to this site! Just got me self a Fiat Uno 1.0 ie!!!!
Think its fab!!! Would like to do a few things to it but need help....

I would like to paint/spray the cover(dont know what to call it) around the controls for the heater and cd player, but I cant get it of!
HELP! :p I can take some pictures if needed

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I assume that by "1.0 i.e." you have a mk2 Uno? Regarding taking the cover off, you will need to remove the heater controls, some screws at the side and I think there's a nut at the top, probably underneath the ashtray. You may also have to remove the air vents but I'm not sure on this. If all the screws are undone and the knobs and stereo removed then it should just slide back and off the heater box unit. Don't force it though as it's likely to break.

Best wait for a mk2 owner to come along and confirm the best way of removing it as I'm only familiar with mk1 Unos. In the meantime have a good look round the Uno section and enjoy the forum (y)

thanks mate!

I wasnt a big Uno fan, but the car is growing on me though!(y)

If you are facing the cover there are 2 screws either side at the top, for the screw on the left hand side you need to drill or melt with a solder iron a hole just inside the glovebox otherwise it's very ackward to get to the screw, for the other top screw i think you have to take the steering coloumn surround off which is simple enough.

Hope this helps :p

Dan

Back