General Fiat StIlO Down pipe

Currently reading:
General Fiat StIlO Down pipe

jackwenman777

Xbox live tag Jackyboy1
any one got any idea how much a fiat stilo down pipe would cost i think its got 2 catalytic converters in it ive been told i need one but ****tin my self cause im skint and i ant had m.o.t now for a week and its failed once already cause of this down pipe thing.

any one got any idea how much a fiat stilo down pipe would cost i think its got 2 catalytic converters in it ive been told i need one but ****tin my self cause im skint and i ant had m.o.t now for a week and its failed once already cause of this down pipe thing.

The downpipes are different depending on which engine you have. The only one with 2 cat's on the downpipe is the 1.8 16v. Part number 55189602, about £500 from Fiat :eek: but that price is from a 2005 price list.

Dave.

The downpipes are different depending on which engine you have. The only one with 2 cat's on the downpipe is the 1.8 16v. Part number 55189602, about £500 from Fiat :eek: but that price is from a 2005 price list.

Dave.

Correction ..the only one that has two cats fitted is the 2.4 abarth and you can do away with one of those [2nd one] if you fit a custom front pipe..

my flexi pipe on my down pipe is blowing, ive also been told that this will fail the emmisions test. I think that the 1st catalytic convertor is separate to the downpipe tho? but the second one is attatched. I will get rid of the 2nd cat and have a custom down pipe made!

On the 1.8 there are strictly speaking two cats but they are one part of the front pipe assembly and sit side by side ..so if you have the 1.8 the two cats will automatically be renewed with a new front pipe..

That would be "2 cat's on the downpipe" then, as I posted above, whereas the 2.4 has 1 cat on the downpipe and another one on the center pipe.

naread.exe

Dave.

That would be "2 cat's on the downpipe" then, as I posted above, whereas the 2.4 has 1 cat on the downpipe and another one on the center pipe.

naread.exe

Dave.

(y) Pays to ware my reading specks from time to time..goes and looks for them..:doh:

my flexi pipe on my down pipe is blowing, ive also been told that this will fail the emmisions test. I think that the 1st catalytic convertor is separate to the downpipe tho? but the second one is attatched. I will get rid of the 2nd cat and have a custom down pipe made!
Buy one of these (Get the correct diameter for your car, which may not be this one) and any exhaust place can cut out the old one and weld a new one in. No need to buy the whole pipe with cat's etc.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-5-64mm-EXHA...12|39:1|66:2|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
dont know if you can see the pic couldnt get it back on site after highlighting the problem i now have were the arrow points in the pic is the flange around the end of the pipe thats bent and i cant get a good seal any more

So, if I got it right, one can replace the cat with a pipe. But what happens with the lambda if that is lambda by #4 in the picture? (actually 2 lambdas)?

Back