Fiat Modifying scene? Discuss.

Currently reading:
Fiat Modifying scene? Discuss.

saw that in a mag looked ace.

and the bravo tjet has 170bhp. WHY does the gpa only have 180. surley they acn get more in it. 200 atleast. ive seen remapped gpa's running nearly 250bhp (246) if they were near that from factory then boy would they be something to shout about.

i think they just need sometihng thats absolouptly nuts. but still sort of practical.... i dont think it will sell. infact you will probably only see a few ever but its more of a look at what we can do if we want to and people will then be keeping a eye on fiat.

but alas instead there going for economy and two cylinders. lol

Clock34 said:
i think they just need sometihng thats absolouptly nuts. but still sort of practical.... i dont think it will sell. infact you will probably only see a few ever but its more of a look at what we can do if we want to and people will then be keeping a eye on fiat.

spot on
a little like what subaru did with its SVX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Alcyone_SVX

Mrcento said:
anyone see the latest auto express? an abarth elise rival? 2 seater small sports car with 170bhp, yes fiat, that is a start! :D

abarth-may-plan-go-mid-engine-roadster-2.jpg

abarth-may-plan-go-mid-engine-roadster-4.jpg

seemingly it wont be badged a fiat, just an abarth

fiat is missing a trick if so IMO

Gp modding scene:-

Lowering on 40mm eibachs : £140
Tmc tuning diesel box : £100
Gsr induction : £170
Angel eye lights : £150
Linea grille : £230
Rear dark led lights : £130
Cupra Splitter :?
Remaps £300

This seems to be the general mods for the gp from ff anyway, not that expensive and I suppose likes of Stanford is where you see most of them....usually on the torqueitalia stand these days!!

sei modding scene

lowered on anything up to 70-50 (or coilies)
chipped ecu
gsr induction
splitter
front brake upgrade, rear disk coversion
bush upgrade
shorter steering track
1242/1368 8v/16v engine
6 speed box
fly eyes kit.
roll cage
bucket seats
harness
stripped out
wider wheels
arb
strut brace.

yada yada yada its pretty big tbh lol

It is kinda missing the innovatives, the likes of full under body bracing/ coilovers with camber/castor adjustments at a decetn price/ camber adjustment arms front and rear arms. Rear ARB / brace etc etc. It is just so limited with what we can do and paying over the top prices!

But we fiat owners home make alot of **** and try out parts rom different car to see if it fits (the likes ot brake upgrades) I'd say we are keeping the fiat world alive and hopefully we inspire others along the way :)

YcMing said:
It is kinda missing the innovatives, the likes of full under body bracing/ coilovers with camber/castor adjustments at a decetn price/ camber adjustment arms front and rear arms. Rear ARB / brace etc etc. It is just so limited with what we can do and paying over the top prices!

But we fiat owners home make alot of **** and try out parts rom different car to see if it fits (the likes ot brake upgrades) I'd say we are keeping the fiat world alive and hopefully we inspire others along the way :)

Yeah, there are a few parts from the 147 that can (with a bit of adaptation) go onto the Stilo. Interior for example - you can pop a GTA one in. You can also nab the cruise control and I'm guessing a few other interior parts, though those are the only ones I've heard of.

ARBs and general stiffness of the chassis is an area the Stilo really needs sorting as even the Abarth one's not much thicker than the base 1.2's. Think from memory a chap of FF with the 5dr (can't remember exactly who though Phil may enlighten :smile: ) tried getting some GTA ARBs on his and though it was very similar to the Stilo's in terms of where it went on the car/bends and the like, it wasn't quite right. Not sure if he actually got them on. I've also heard of the larger GTA injectors being used on Abarths as well as a few mechanical parts from other Italian cars - I'm sure something from a Maserati was used on one chap's for example.

There are some lower braces I've seen Phil link to in the past but I've not seen anyone get them in the UK yet. I'd certainly like some to compliment the OMP front upper one I already have.

That 2dr roadster does remind me slightly of that god-awful Wind (which actually looks even worse in real life) but far better proportioned, probably because of the stylised and perhaps oversized Bravo/GP Abarth alloys. Doesn't look too bad though, certainly as a concept at least.

muppet42 said:
Yeah, there are a few parts from the 147 that can (with a bit of adaptation) go onto the Stilo. Interior for example - you can pop a GTA one in. You can also nab the cruise control and I'm guessing a few other interior parts, though those are the only ones I've heard of.

ARBs and general stiffness of the chassis is an area the Stilo really needs sorting as even the Abarth one's not much thicker than the base 1.2's. Think from memory a chap of FF with the 5dr (can't remember exactly who though Phil may enlighten :smile: ) tried getting some GTA ARBs on his and though it was very similar to the Stilo's in terms of where it went on the car/bends and the like, it wasn't quite right. Not sure if he actually got them on. I've also heard of the larger GTA injectors being used on Abarths as well as a few mechanical parts from other Italian cars - I'm sure something from a Maserati was used on one chap's for example.

There are some lower braces I've seen Phil link to in the past but I've not seen anyone get them in the UK yet. I'd certainly like some to compliment the OMP front upper one I already have.

That 2dr roadster does remind me slightly of that god-awful Wind (which actually looks even worse in real life) but far better proportioned, probably because of the stylised and perhaps oversized Bravo/GP Abarth alloys. Doesn't look too bad though, certainly as a concept at least.

Guy your thinking of Muppet is Greggers and the company you are looking for is..

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?Brand=fiat&Model=Stilo MS 2.4&pageno=1

Yellow peril on F/F has some on his abarth so I have read recently he used the UK dealer for deleivery when I gave him the info..main problem with fiats in general is poor design of the front and rear suspensions..having a decent rear suspension multi link set up and not the rear beam would be FTW for a start..but fiat build their car for cheapness and not for you to go blatting around roundabouts at 50 mph..so there is only so much you can do when your faced with this sort of problem..dont know whats happened to Greg TBH he seems to have disappeared from the fiat forums altogether so maybe he had enough and got shot of the abarth..who knows..:thinking:

PNL said:
Guy your thinking of Muppet is Greggers and the company you are looking for is..

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?Brand=fiat&Model=StiloMS 2.4&pageno=1

Yellow peril on F/F has some on his abarth so I have read recently he used the UK dealer for deleivery when I gave him the info..main problem with fiats in general is poor design of the front and rear suspensions..having a decent rear suspension multi link set up and not the rear beam would be FTW for a start..but fiat build their car for cheapness and not for you to go blatting around roundabouts at 50 mph..so there is only so much you can do when your faced with this sort of problem..dont know whats happened to Greg TBH he seems to have disappeared from the fiat forums altogether so maybe he had enough and got shot of the abarth..who knows..:thinking:

Cheers, could remember it was the 5dr, etc but couldn't quite remember the username. Should have though considering the near miss I had in deciding between getting those minted Goodyear shod Blades he had a while back and getting my suspension sorted :laugh:

Haven't seen much of Greggers myself though obviously with the move had my time of non-internet and along with that I haven't been on FF much of late. Hope he hasn't chucked it in as it's one of if not the best 5dr Stilo's I've seen.

Rear beam thing is an issue with the Stilo but coupled with numerous other things it really lets the handling down. Peugeots, for example, all used to get on pretty well using a rear beam but other parts of the design made up for that deficiency. I remember when Honda went from independent rear suspension on the EP3 to the current design on the FN2 and the issues that surfaced due to it. The TG review of the different Type R models highlighted this rather well.

I think Greggers and a few others willing to look into the Stilo's underlying problems in a more detailed way make some headway into making them far better cars. I think it's one way a modifying scene can really help a model even well after it's ceased production.

Well greggers car is up for sale ..he is emigrating to Newzeland in the new year..so that will be another stilo owner gone for good..Bye Greg was nice knowing you safe journey in the new year..

PNL said:
Well greggers car is up for sale ..he is emigrating to Newzeland in the new year..so that will be another stilo owner gone for good..Bye Greg was nice knowing you safe journey in the new year..

Sucks, but hopefully the new owner will appreciate the work that's been done and take care of it the same way Greg did.

Back