General FIAT DUCATO IT Motor Home/Campervan

Currently reading:
General FIAT DUCATO IT Motor Home/Campervan

graann

I wonder if anyone could help me please.
I bought a J reg(1991) 2 litre petrol 170B campervan.
Changed air filter, plugs (nightmare) plug spanners only just fit down the tube to the plugs , needed to find slimmer plug spanner , got there in the end.Any special tools available for this ?
Drained oil from sump , 5/16 square drain plug which had been butchered.
Put everything back together.
Changed oil filter , then went to top up engine with new oil.
Could find no obvious place to insert funnel to put new oil.
Could someone tell me what I am looking for ?
The other thing , bianco corfu 224 shown on a plate under the bonnet.
I ordered 5 spray cans on ebay.Labelled correctly (hycote)but colour was beige.
Where can I buy the correct paint for my campervan ie pure white ?
Are my colour details wrong or was the paint I received on ebay wrong?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Graham

On the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, somewhere on the forum is a photo of the oil filler assembly, unfortunately I don't know where!

On front centre of engine is a vertical black plastic cylinder about 3" diameter and about 8" long socketed to the engine just above the sump.

There are a couple of rubber pipes linked to this and the 'top hat' of this cylinder can be prised off with a screwdriver revealing a void down which you pour the oil.

PS when I had my Talbot there was a long box spanner supplied in the toolkit for the plugs.

Last edited:
I have an 1991 H reg kontiki. I too bought some paint 224 (actually 2 lots from different sellers) The paint is not the right colour, as its more of a beige colour. I looked up bianco corfu and thats what number it came up with...Looks awful. So as like you stumped as to how I can get the correct colour.

Shirl

regarding the paint bianco corfu is an off white colour.they probably sent you a wrong mix from ebay.i bought a can mixed on the spot here in Greece at a local shop and it was an amazing match once i applied it.i saw the guy use a base white and then add drops of 4 or 5 dark colours.maybe you can find a shop to mix it locally where you are.

Back