Technical Fiat Ducate Pegaso 141 Motorhome Keys

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducate Pegaso 141 Motorhome Keys

PixieTigger

Hi all,
Hope you all had a good Christmas and didn't over indulge to much lol.
We have the above and when we bought it we were given 3 keys - 2 spares (I think since they are both black) and 1 Red. The information we were given about what to do with these keys was small and conflicting. Trouble is now due to Christmas and other things that meant we have not used it since we bought it, the battery is dead. We have found out the we can re charge the battery using the mains hook up but will it just start with the normal key when the battery is re charged or do we have to go through the keys ritual? If we have to go through the keys ritual please could someone explain what this is so that we don't make an expensive mistake. Thanks to all who answer this for their Christmas spirit.

Hi,

You didn't give the age of your van but as you mentioned 1 red & 2 black keys it would seem you have the 1995 to 2002 version of the ducato.

I have an ongoing problem with my vehicle battery. It is at least 5 years old and sooner or later I am going have to put my hand in my pocket and replace it;)

Anyway despite all the flat batteries incidences that I have suffered I have never had to do anything but charge it up again (thank goodness for a basic pre-common rail, pre-ECU base vehicle). Hope this gives some reassurance.

Happy New Year to all

Back