Fiat Barchetta in need for some help!

Currently reading:
Fiat Barchetta in need for some help!

xxnorway

My Fiat Barchetta, 96 mod, 1,8L has a crack in the engine top cover and therefore leaking oil. I have tried to purchase a new one but it has been discontinued by Fiat.
Do anyone have a spare one for me? I would be a very happy Norwgian if so :)

Hi, i would suggest calling a dealer in the UK with the part number, they can check the whole network to see if a dealer has it in stock. Fiat do not let dealers return many parts once delivered so a dealer may have one sitting around in stock.

Try Motorvogue in Northampton, England, and ask for keesh, he is as they say the jedi of parts when it comes to Fiat and Alfa. Tel: 01604 714555.

He has certainly helped me locate discontinued parts in the past for my bachetta.

good luck

If youre not bothered about the Barchetta logo, or want to get on the road quickly, have a look at eBay item number: 280771433178. As far as I am aware the Punto HGT cover will fit but YOU NEED TO CHECK. Alternatively, remove your cover and get it professionally welded or, if the crack is very small, you might be able to clean the inside thoroughly and seal it with one of the many epoxy adhesives available.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve

The barchetta logo is on top of the top engine cover.
The engine won't even leak if this thing is off.

The problem is probably the rocker cover of the engine.

I have got a barchetta for spares. Let me know if you want the part.
I'm asking €125

exactly what bollie69 says, that's just a cover. it have nothing with leaking... take out cover and then you will see where exactly is leaking... also it could leak on that sensor near oil cap, and around spark plugs. or head gasket is bad.

this is how it looks when you take off that cover
moteur%20barchetta.jpg

Back