Fiat 500 radio 5 inch screen switch 7 inch screen

Currently reading:
Fiat 500 radio 5 inch screen switch 7 inch screen

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Hollyob

Hi there,

I hope this is the right section to ask this question.

I currently have a fiat 500 2016 with the 5 inch screen, the radio has stopped working and I can’t program any station other than bbc ones (weird). If I have to replace the radio I was wondering if I could replace it with the bigger screen radio the one that comes in some of the newer fiat 500s?

Most likely it's the aerial which has gone up the creek if it can't pick up anything but a very limited number of stations; they are quite prone to getting water in them. Maybe see if you can unscrew the aerial and clean any rust out to see if that helps? Though be prepared to buy a new one if it snaps, and replacing it is one of the trickier jobs on a 500's bodywork...

If it's picking up the stations but just can't store them, hopefully somebody else will have an idea; mine's too early to have a touchscreen at all.

Most likely it's the aerial which has gone up the creek if it can't pick up anything but a very limited number of stations; they are quite prone to getting water in them. Maybe see if you can unscrew the aerial and clean any rust out to see if that helps? Though be prepared to buy a new one if it snaps, and replacing it is one of the trickier jobs on a 500's bodywork...

If it's picking up the stations but just can't store them, hopefully somebody else will have an idea; mine's too early to have a touchscreen at all.
Thank you, sadly just picking up a few selected bbc stations and classic FM. May take it to the garage to see if they can unscrew and see if it’s that. Thank you again.

Ah, good old Classic FM, seemingly the most powerful radio station in the universe. Bet you could pick up Classic FM on Mars...

If it's only just failed after the recent rain, there might be an even simpler fix - it won't be permanent (most likely it'll go again next time there's heavy rain) but heating the aerial up with a hairdryer for a while to dry out the water might be enough to bring it back to life.

Ah, good old Classic FM, seemingly the most powerful radio station in the universe. Bet you could pick up Classic FM on Mars...

If it's only just failed after the recent rain, there might be an even simpler fix - it won't be permanent (most likely it'll go again next time there's heavy rain) but heating the aerial up with a hairdryer for a while to dry out the water might be enough to bring it back to life.
Haha I think you could!

That’s a good idea, I will give that ago. Thank you!

Hello, I've done two videos on the 500 aerial issues. One is regarding changing the base of the roof aerial, the other concerning a dodgy connection as the aerial coax cable enters the back of the radio head unit. Here are the two links:

I hope these help you out. Good luck.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back