Technical Expansion tank

Currently reading:
Technical Expansion tank

cottyp

Hi thanks in advance got problem with expansion tank tank full this morning with antifreeze got back home today after day of deliverys nothing in the tank temperature gauge stayed at half way point all day not overheating anybody got any thoughts on it spoke with mechanic I know he said refill it switch engine on plus heating on full see any leaks tried that cannot see anything???🤔 I'm at a loss help

Hi thanks in advance got problem with expansion tank tank full this morning with antifreeze got back home today after day of deliverys nothing in the tank temperature gauge stayed at half way point all day not overheating anybody got any thoughts on it spoke with mechanic I know he said refill it switch engine on plus heating on full see any leaks tried that cannot see anything???🤔 I'm at a loss help
As you know you obviously have an issue, but it may be the water only got to the bottom of the coolant tank not enough to let air into the system if you are lucky.
Main thing I would do is refill with correct amount of antifreeze given the cold weather, as if system freezes it will cost shed loads more.
Next run engine to normal temp and visually check for leaks, both around engine and radiator plus hoses etc. but also inside vehicle in case heater leaking. Another thing after running for a while fully warmed up there should be minimal or no condensation/water from the exhaust.
Until you find and fix the fault, the main thing is not to let the coolant run low at all as if water cannot circulate that is when the damage will happen, so check very frequently.
II don't know if you had any snow but if you are very lucky it may have blocked the radiator externally allowing it to run hotter than normal pushing some coolant out the overflow before you noticed it getting hot.
Fingers crossed and keep checking coolant.;)

As you know you obviously have an issue, but it may be the water only got to the bottom of the coolant tank not enough to let air into the system if you are lucky.

Main thing I would do is refill with correct amount of antifreeze given the cold weather, as if system freezes it will cost shed loads more.

Next run engine to normal temp and visually check for leaks, both around engine and radiator plus hoses etc. but also inside vehicle in case heater leaking. Another thing after running for a while fully warmed up there should be minimal or no condensation/water from the exhaust.

Until you find and fix the fault, the main thing is not to let the coolant run low at all as if water cannot circulate that is when the damage will happen, so check very frequently.

II don't know if you had any snow but if you are very lucky it may have blocked the radiator externally allowing it to run hotter than normal pushing some coolant out the overflow before you noticed it getting hot.

Fingers crossed and keep checking c

Hi thanks for the reply will keep 👁 eye's on it front of rad seems OK don't looked blocked will run it up to temperature tomorrow in daylight see if anything crops up 👍

Back