Exhaust

Currently reading:
Exhaust

LesPrr

Helloooo :)

I just got my three year service from the dealer .I was told everything was ok.3 days later my exhaust is blowing !!!!:mad:According to the Service maitenance programme visual check was done but no mention of any problems .I called them just now service is closed but according to sales exhaust is wear and tear!!!Even after I stated that paper work says that it was visually checked.I was advised to call when service is open.I asked when I collected the car if all was ok to which I was told everthing was in good condition.Please advise if I can do anything????:bang:

90% of the time they dont do most of the visual checks on a service. they change the oil and oil filter, anything more and you're very lucky.

the exhaust is considered a servicable, but even if it wasnt there is no guarantee that anything on your car will last 10seconds after it has passed a visual inspection. you cant go back and complain because they did not tell you about the exhasut, even if they did look at it there is no guarantee that they will see anything wrong, even 5mins before it fails, and they are not responsible for anything they miss on a visual inspection, as the owner you are responsible for maintaining your car.

the inspections are simply an opportunity for the dealer to create more work. if its a slow month they will inspect your car so they can find something to replace, making themselves more money. if its a busy month, which it usually is, then they dont have the time to inspect and they dont need the extra work so you only get the bare minimum. independant garages are usually better for servicing than dealerships, but ultimately there is only one way to be sure your car is serviced correctly and that is to do it yourself.

Back