Technical Exhaust/Underside Damage

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust/Underside Damage

Originally posted by pjp

Hey, we know its difficult predicting the weather here in the UK Bren, especially when all the sattelite photos are of Russia.:D

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

That's exactly what I say when it goes wrong ;)

All this talk of having accidents, and getting fleeced for them when it's not your fault, kinda makes me wanna bubble-wrap poor old Stilo, and stow him safely in the garage out of harm's way!!

Bren J
London

Crystal Green 3dr Stilo 1.2 Active

PJP, did you claim off your own insurance or theirs?

Like I say, I've been assured my claim won't affect me, but I shall go mad if it does![}:)]

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

I don't see how claiming off someone else can affect your premium. That means you have to pay if someone hits you. Sounds weird to me.
A wumman ran into me and, as I had never dealt with a claim before I rang my own company to find the protocols. They didn't need/want to know anything about it unless I was claiming from them.

Les Ross
Certified by a Professional.
03 Stilo 5d JTD80 Active
PSI Powerbox and go-faster turtle.

That's pretty unfair, might as well do away with insurance.
Does a no-fault accident apply?
Surely the wording is "any claims or convictions in the last 5 years".

Les Ross
Certified by a Professional.
03 Stilo 5d JTD80 Active
PSI Powerbox and go-faster turtle.

Ach thats a load of gash, i've had plenty of drivers crash into me so i must be an expert! I hasten to say none of the accidents i've been involved in were caused by me.

I've had 3 different folk run into the back of me, and in each case i claimed off their insurance, and it didnt affect my policy! See what you do as soon as you get 1 years no claims you pay the extra to get no claims protection on your policy! Then you are entitled to claim up to 3 times in a 5 year period before they can touch your premium!

Also, last year a **** head smacked into the front of my mini, he had no insurance and i claimed on my policy, and although it was a claim on my own insurance my policy only went up £50 and that was because i changed insurance firm to a decent firm! Anyone that says Average Fux (work out the firms real name) are a good insurance firm you can kiss my hairy balls!

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, plastic wheel trims - and 41.7mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

StiloBoy, 'No Claim Discount Protection" is what it says, it protects the discount, not the premium. They can treble the basic premium, but you still get the same percentage discount off that!!

As I said before, they load you because you are statistically more likely to have an accident, even though its not your fault.

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

Nah, your premium goes up year on year anyway, the only way you'll get hit by a increased premium like that is if you've got misplaced loyalties and you stay with the same firm each year! You need to chop and change between insurance firms to get the best deals. [xx(]

Lester i'm happy with my economy, and i update my profile often to replect my actual economy. Not like some of the diesel owners on here that got 50mpg once and have decided thats what they always get now! ;)

2003 3 Door Stilo 1.2 Active, Sassy Grey, 5 disc CD Changer, plastic wheel trims - and 41.7mpg average so far. Love it, Oh yes!

50mpg, nah mate, I get more than that:p

Well, thats what I remember, from when I last drove my car.... I can sort of remember what it looks like...

When I took out my current policy, I told them about an accident for which I made a full recovery from the other party, although this is kept on record it made no difference to my premium.

I can only assume that either pjp has been unlucky, or that the circumstances of his claim were different to my own.

53 3d Stilo Dynamic JTD - Sprint Blue

Back