Exhaust blowing flexi system?? :S

Currently reading:
Exhaust blowing flexi system?? :S

L1MAD

Just got few texts from my dad about the service Bravo is undergoing atm at AC

Needs new Potenzas (typical)

but also the exhaust is blowing....it has been for 5/6 months, but I liked the noise and so did my dad so did bugger all about it. Although mpg did drop...

Whats needed is a whole new system...and its called a Flexi System ? price quoted is £249

Anyone on here got a view of what to do? they are ordering in parts overnight to fit tomorrow, although dads' willing to phone up and cancel exhaust fitting, if I can find a cheaper alternative - or aftermarket.

Cheers in advance for any help :)

If it's the same as the Stilo then going by my custom set up, you'd need a whole system from the manifold back hence the cost involved. Saying that though, £249's rather steep considering my custom one was £300 fitted. The flexi by the way for reference is this...

exhaust-flexi.jpg

...and as far as I know does as the description and provides a flexible link near the front of the exhaust between the manifold section and the rest of the exhaust. I'll just wait for someone to flame me for that description :D

seems strange on eper it says its a whole system without a flexi piece anywhere on the 1.4 ???

strange :D

as for the 249 it doepends on how much of the exhaust that covers as the 300 custom fitted is generealy only from the cat backwards

if i had your VIN i could get all the 100% details of the exhaust you need for your model

On the Stilo, the cat's part of the manifold section. Essentially my whole system's just the two parts but as I said, not sure if it's the same on the Bravo. Given how much of the Stilo was carried over and Callum's got pretty much the same engine in his, I'd guess it'd be pretty similar.

Cheers guys, informed my dad whos pulled the car out ..yet they are going to charge us 40 quid to return the part they ordered for the exhaust. I'm home this weekend, getting picked up / driving back in bravo Friday evening, so will crawl under and see just whats there.

I'll pm you abyss with vin this weekend if I become stuck.

However as rob said, 99% sure its a stilo item

Thanks again.

abyss113 said:
seems strange on eper it says its a whole system without a flexi piece anywhere on the 1.4 ???

tbf there are a few fiats with a one piece exhaust, i know 100% the 1.6 petrol multipla has a one piece exhaust but the jtd version doesnt.

i thoyght theyd done away with that idea tbh...seemingly not :(

as on th eper there is a lot of options for each model so i could just have the wrong one but i know what your saying with the cat but its still 3 pieces so dont know why you would need a whole new system :)

youve got manifold centre pipe and rear box like most cars :)

but like i said the custom for £300 is generally from cat back it would be sill to buy that if its the front of the exhaust thats blowing :D

abyss113 said:
but like i said the custom for £300 is generally from cat back it would be sill to buy that if its the front of the exhaust thats blowing :D

Yeah, if it's blowing from the link between the rest of the exhaust and the manifold/cat then it would be (which it's doing on mine actually the now due to a gasket failure. I think) but if it's the actual flexi, then may as well upgrade since it's a welded in part of the system. Well, it is on my custom set up, as I said I forget what the set up was on my standard one :laugh:

Right...its the flexi.

Front edge (nearest engine) its frayed/loose bits and about a half centimeter gap between where it should be "bonded" to the pipe/frame/whatever you want to call it. Ohh and yes front half is black...back half is near pristine (comparatively)

As its so close to where it should be fixed could you use some exhaust/gum gum paste on it? Yes Its ment to be a flexible part but surely the join could survive being fixed? Just a thought I had.

Rest of the exhaust is in pretty good condition tbh. No problem spots that were "visible"

Back