Technical engine problems

Currently reading:
Technical engine problems

danny b

can anyone help me before i lose my mind..!! ive recently had the cam belt snap on my M reg tipo. so after trying to just put a new belt on, (fingers crossed) to no avail, i pull the head off to find the valves have slapped on top of the pistons bending a couple.. so ive sourced a replacement engine and dropped that in. now ive got a wiring issue. my original engine had a sensor on the bottom pulley with three wires going to it. the engine ive fitted has a sensor on the flywheel (other end) with only two wires going to it. ive tried joining and bridging wires together but car still wont start... please can someone help me get another dead fiat back up and running before i get seduced by the dark side...!!!!!:

What type of injection system you have?
I guess your first engine was equipped with 1st generation of Digiplex ignition module, while the "new" one uses Digiplex 2. If it is so, then you would have to get Digiplex 2 module as AFAIK Digiplex 1/2 modules are not interchangeable.
But this is only my dead reckoning...:chin:

Three wire type has a shielded wire. Just swap the crank sensor over from old engine. You may have to swap pulleys as well but i doubt it.
Best and easiest solution, would be of just swapping your old head for a replacement. Why swap the whole engine?

Andy.:)

Back