Technical Engine Management Light

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Management Light

d4nthem4n

Hi all
I have a 1.2 16v 51 plate punto and recently the engine management light came one. It passed its MOT so I left it for a while. Recently its started to stutter when i'm driving along, especially past 40mph, and the light can go from a fixed light to a flashing light now and then. I decided to have a diagnostic test on it but the guy in the garage couldn't get the computer to connect with the car, it came up asking to make sure you had chosen the correct model etc. I tryed this at 2 different garages and both said the same. One of them told me it could be a fault with the ECU but i've had that replaced middle of last year.

I'm stuck as to what to do tbh, the garage told me they can take the car and look into it to see why 1. The lights on and 2. Why the computers not reading the car, but then this is goin to cost me money. Also i've had the coils changed end of last year.

I was thinking about leaving it alone but then I don't want it to break down one day because I hadn't had it checked... :bang:

Better safe than sorry. Are you taking it to a Fiat garage? They have the correct diagnostic equipment. (y)

Better safe than sorry. Are you taking it to a Fiat garage? They have the correct diagnostic equipment. (y)

Nope i've taken it to two local garages. Might look at taking it to a fiat garage though. It seems to be driving fine again, £40 petrol in which filled to just over 3/4 tank and I got 295 miles out of it, anyone know if this is average?

Back