Technical Engine Management & ABS Lights Lit Up - now it will not start

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Management & ABS Lights Lit Up - now it will not start

Lindsay S

Hi all,
Will appreciate some input please.
I drive a 2007 Scudo Combi 1.9 Turbo Diesel. I live in South Africa and am travelling through a remote area far from dealerships and support service.
Today I had to drive along some very corrugated sand road. I travelled about 500m along the corrugated road and there was a beep and the ABS light and the engine management light and the STOP light lit up on the dash. I travelled about 15km to a safe location to stop. Whist travelling this 15km the speedo and rev counter were not functioning but indicators etc were functioning. I stopped and turned the motor off. I was hoping that the fault would reset with some idle time but 4 hours later I am unable to start the Scudo. When I turn the key, the dash lights come on still showing the STOP and engine management light lit up but the engine will not crank.
I will appreciate any advice on how / where I might be able to solve or workaround this situation. Has anybody else had this problem and successfully solved it? I'll appreciate any constructive comments and advice please.
Thanks
Lindsay

Attachments

• Scudo Dash Lights.jpg
    Scudo Dash Lights.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 53
No crank means it's a problem to one of the following: battery - if its's drained out or even if the cables are loose, starter motor - something's wrong with it or the same loose cable (Do you hear a clank when you turn the key on?) or maybe the alternator and therefore the battery have drained out. In this condition it's normal that MIL and airbag light to lit up and it doesn't mean that they have problems. It would be helpful if you'd have a tester to check stored errors.

Back