Technical Electric windows opening

Currently reading:
Technical Electric windows opening

davemcd

Hello, I have a 2013 Doblo 1.6 diesel which has been troublefree (touches wood) over the last 34000 miles and has proved to be a reliable workhorse. Recently I have left the car on two occassions and on returning to the car have found both front windows half open, fortunately no attemt had been made to get into the car and nothing was missing. Anyone have any suggestion as to what the problem might be, it doesn't seem to be a common problem.

Many Thanks

David

Entirely stab in the dark here......
Was the car parked at home or somewhere very close to where you work?

Does the car have auto close on the electric windows? If you lock the car with a window open, and keep the lock button pressed, do the windows go up? It may be that there is an auto open, and you have kept the "unlock" button pressed by accident in your pocket, unlocking your car and dropping the windows? A previous (non-Fiat) car of mine did this.

Mike

My Croma will do this if you hold the fob button down. It also unlocks the tailgate very easily. I can't keep the keys in my pocket at home without unlocking the car. Not doing this was one advantage of thr old Renault infrared system.
Try holding buttons on thr fob and see if you can replicate the problem. Depending on thr trim level you may be able to disable it from the menu system.

Robert G8RPI.

Hello Thanks for the suggestions. I will play around with the key fob and see if it has any effect on the windows. The local fiat dealer could not find anything wrong, no sign of any water inside the door etc and they did suggest that I use the manual key for a while to see if the problem still occurs. At the moment the key fob seems to be the main suspect if so that is an easy one to solve.

Many Thanks

David

Back