Technical egr blanking

Currently reading:
Technical egr blanking

punt085

may be a silly question im blanking my egr off this week just wanted to know do i just block it completly and take the egr valve off or does the egr still have to be connected

may be a silly question im blanking my egr off this week just wanted to know do i just block it completly and take the egr valve off or does the egr still have to be connected

one answer, dont do it.

i did and it caused following problems:

less responsive
engine management light constantly on.

it eventualy fcucked the built in heat exchanger on the egr pipework near exhaust manifold, and started allowing my coolant to enter inlet! luckliy caught early and repaired under warranty once id put egr system back to normal.

if your wanting to blank it off due to it not working, either follow guide on here for stripping and cleaning, or buy anew one. just not worth blanking off imho

thanks for the advice and the thread will decide if im putting it on of all the reviews of blanking it never heard that if i do will keep a close eye and thanks for the heads up (y)

I blanked mine 8 months ago and still keeping it that way. A programmer did it so no lights came on and the most important is that the juddering is gone.

Don't know about that. Just using a tuning box atm. I took the remap out because i wasn't sutisfied.

Back