Technical ecu's any difference between mk1 + mk2??

Currently reading:
Technical ecu's any difference between mk1 + mk2??

tipoboy

as the title says is there any difference between the 2 models?

recently my timing belt sanpped and bent all the exhaust valves and 4 inlet valves, used the head from my other tipo but since changing over cant get the revs to stay constant and there seems to be a beat coming from it.

it has been suggested that its an ecu problem (although i cant see why) and seeing as i have an ecu from an L reg preface lift model, i thought i'd ask:)

Webbie you need to check your shims in the tappets, I don't think you should be looking at the ecu as it ran fine before and even if it has picked up a funny code and playing silly buggers it has been reset cos you had the battery disconnected. You need to do a compression test just in case one or two of your shims is on the too big side i.e not allowing valve to close properly as when the heat builds up in the engine the valve stem will expand and their is a set gap between shim and cam lobe which takes up expansion (expansion is a very tiny amount) or if shim is on the small side it wont open the valve to its full potential. Valves clearances are (mm) 0.45+0.03 for inlet and 0.50+0.03 for exhaust.

And for the dude that told you about E.G.R valve well you car was never fitted with one (Pmsl) and the part that you was on about is the V.A.E Valve (idle speed control valve) (lol)

Attachments

• V.A.E valve.JPG
    V.A.E valve.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
Oh Yeah i forgot, you said you plugs the thermostat plug into the idle control valve. well the idle control valve has a diode and if current flows the wrong way it ****s them and as for the fuel vapor cut off valve (the black thingy you snapped while putting hose onto it) well cos thats broken it might be causing a air leak and your ecu would be getting false readings, that might help you with it

Back