Technical Eco index gauge not moving

Currently reading:
Technical Eco index gauge not moving

Rory Fraser

Hi, I’m new to Fiat ownership and picked up my first Fiat 500 a week ago which is a 2016 0.9 S which I’m very pleased with so far. Only gripe is that I’ve noticed that the eco index gauge on the right of the colour TFT screen doesn’t move or do anything. Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I’ve also noticed that the eco monitors on the Uconnect system on centre 7” screen are all greyed out as well and register any data. Could the two issues be related and has this function maybe been disabled somehow? I bought from a car supermarket so i never met the previous owner to ask them. Any help or advice will be very welcome as I would like the eco index gauge to work. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_6578.jpeg
    IMG_6578.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Just to clarify, the photos were taken when the engine hadn’t been started hence the engine management light showing and the rev counter wing at zero. Engine management light goes out once I start the engine. Also just to clarify the eco monitor info on the 7” screen do not register any data even when I’ve been on a long journey and the elapsed time display stays on 00h 00m and doesn’t change. It’s almost as if it’s all been disabled somehow?? Eco mode works when I press the button on the dash and changes the screen on the TFT display but still doesn’t make any difference to the actual eco index gauge or eco stats on the 7” screen. Stop start system also works fine as well. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions 😃

Back