Eco Drive gone missing

Currently reading:
Eco Drive gone missing

sajr

Well I had Eco Drive working on my Fiat 500 lounge an d was happy with it and last week I plugged in the regular USB drive I usually use and when I plugged it into my iMac nothing happened. Although it had worked a number of times in the past and found data on the USb drive it didnt this time and has'nt since. I am also not getting the Eco Drive on message on my dash like I used to but have been unable to figure out how to turn it back on. I have gone into the application on my iMac and re setup the USB drive but it makes no difference when I plug it into my 500. Any ideas guys ?

You should be able to go into the eco drive menu from the main menu. If you press menu and scroll down to eco drive I would guess its been switched off somehow. Failing that if you have a chat with the blue lady then she might turn it back on if you ask nicely, I think the voice command is just eco drive after you press the windows button.

As for the USB you shouldn't need to have it plugged in all the time only when you want to download the data to upload to your mac.

Hope that helps.

Your not alone, I have exactly the same problem, I've used Ecodrive on my 500 Lounge since August 09 and I love it, 2 weeks ago my wife had a Bravo Tjet and I tried to install ecodrive and it came up with Error 10! Knowing the pen drive in my 500 worked I tried that and it still didnt work, since trying it the ecodrive on my 500 doesn't work, It plays music fine but if I switch the Eco drive on then it stops playing music, switch it off and the music is fine, I cant even view the contents of the drive on my Mac but it works for about 5 mins on PC before losing the drive.

I've updated B&M to the latest version on both cars and I have the latest ecodrive

I'm going to the dealers tomorrow to find out why so I'll report back

Thanks Guys I'll try that voice command option a try and let you know what happens

Well I had Eco Drive working on my Fiat 500 lounge an d was happy with it and last week I plugged in the regular USB drive I usually use and when I plugged it into my iMac nothing happened. Although it had worked a number of times in the past and found data on the USb drive it didnt this time and has'nt since. I am also not getting the Eco Drive on message on my dash like I used to but have been unable to figure out how to turn it back on. I have gone into the application on my iMac and re setup the USB drive but it makes no difference when I plug it into my 500. Any ideas guys ?

The upgrade of B&M to 5.4.11 removes ecodrive IIRC so its worth seing if you can re-download and install it. Personally i got bored of it.

The other trouble is that if you don't have the USB stick plugged in all of the time then B&M will run out of storage space for the eco drive data.

The same if the memory stick you use is full or nearly full.

Eco:Drive can store 8 hours of drive data internally...the space on the USB is tiny, so the last 2 points aren't as relevant as the first one...

Sorry got caught short trying to type without waking the rest of the house up!

I meant, the second 2 options aren't quite such an issue unless you have less than 1Mb of free space on your memory stick and you drive for much more than 8 hours in between emptying the stick. I think 8hrs driving takes up about 750Kb of space (or it seemed to when my EcoDrive told me it was running low on internal space and I needed to copy it to a USB - USB was empty so dumped the data and then checked the storage space before I uploaded to EcoDrive - just shy of 750Kb on the USB) - although not technical I'm drawn to conclude that it doesn't use up much space so even a small USB stick can store a fair amount of data.

So I guess even if you don't download every week, there should be enough space if you are using a USB - might not be enough space internally as 8 hours driving isn't much really...

Did anyone find out about the error 10 message?

I've got a new 500 so assume I have Blue & Me 5.4, but when I try to install the Eco Drive I just get the Error 10 message.

Have tried deleting it from the USB and reloading but it makes no difference.

Any help here would be appreciated as I don't know what else to do and can't be bothered to take it to the dealer for something that should be really simple.

Did anyone find out about the error 10 message?

I've got a new 500 so assume I have Blue & Me 5.4, but when I try to install the Eco Drive I just get the Error 10 message.

Have tried deleting it from the USB and reloading but it makes no difference.

Any help here would be appreciated as I don't know what else to do and can't be bothered to take it to the dealer for something that should be really simple.

Same issue here with the error 10 message, did this get resolved?

I resolved as a few people did by using a brand new pen drive, for some reason it doesnt like older ones which have been formatted, I've read that people still have problems with this solution but it worked for me

I've tried a new stick and that didn't work either.

I think the problem is that the new cars are loaded with a new version of Blue & Me (5.4) and the Eco Drive is an older version (5.3). The B&M can't read it.

I've emailed feedback on Eco Drive but didn't get an answer, so will mail them again. I'll let you know what happens.

Back