General Ducato motor home anti sway bar

Currently reading:
General Ducato motor home anti sway bar

KevDa

Hi
I am a newbie and was hoping that someone may have had experience of a second anti roll bar / sway bar fitted to the 2002 ducato maxi 2.8 JTD
My motor home has failed Mot due to worn links and bushes on the secondary anti roll bar.
The manufacturers fitted anti roll bar is present bushes and drop links are fine.
The second one is bolted under the sub frame and wish bones and this is the faulty part.
The second roll bar looks nothing like anything I can find on the internet and I haven't been able to find replacement parts.
The suppliers of the van when new and dealer for Knaus (the motor home manufacturers) haven't been able to assist in identifying the second anti roll bar or parts for it.
I have also tried another uk Knaus dealer who has been unable to identify the part and they have used the code to check with Knaus themselves but no joy with this part.
I was hoping that someone may have knowledge or experience of this problem and be able to point me in the right direction to find the part. I think it may be an aftermarket part from a company that has stopped trading but can't be sure.

...if you've been around the web, you've probably checked out the usual suspects, Goldschmitt being the most likely.

http://www.goldschmitt.de/produkte/fahrwerkstechnik/stabilisatoren.html

There was another anti-roll bar sold into the motorhome trade some time ago firm which I seem to remember had the word "blue" or its foreign equivalent in the name. I'll try to rack my memory.......

Edited to add.

Yes, my memory was correct.

JSA "Kit Bleu" on this page here:

http://www.jsa.fr/produitsjsa

I really hope it is one or otherof these ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I hadn't tried the JSA site but sadly this doesn't look anything like the one fitted either.
:cry:

Thanks for the reply.
I hadn't tried the JSA site but sadly this doesn't look anything like the one fitted either.
:cry:

Bushings in a pinch you can fill with tigerseal / sikaflex, you can buy adjustable drop links or if you look through the moog catalogue they have the dimensions of all their drop links you're likely to find the right size. Or since its not origninal equipment you could simply remove it

Oh another supplier I thought of it vb air I think they do a antiroll bar for ducato

Last edited:
Thanks corcai
I've taken it off and got the ducato and Knaus schematics to show that this was not originally fitted to the motor home when manufactured and will try a re test on Monday.
All being well I'll try to get a drop link that will do the job and re fit the second stabaliser later. I've attached image of one drop link it's basically a flat metal strip with rose joints at each end just not the usual type you see
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Only a few years late! Did you discover what make they were and how did you solve the problem? Just come across similar.

Back