Technical Ducato JTD Loom Swap

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato JTD Loom Swap

rednwhitevan

Ok, So I have been preparing to do an engine and gearbox swap on my Van. I have purchased another doner vehicle and I am considering a Loom swap also as my loom has had some repairs and re routs and I have also had a problem with dash lights not working that I have been unable to fix even after downloading all the circuit diagrams and tracing everything as best I can.
Its going to be a massive job and I intend on cleaning the replacement engine up and re sealing everything and basically doing everything I can to make it as new as possible.
My van is the deluxe version with abs and air bags central locking and heavy rear suspension, the doner van has none of this.
I also need to strip my dash out and replace heater fan box and replace heater radiator etc so I will have full access to loom and a stripped body.
My question is would it be hard to partially swap parts of the loom out within engine bay and dash? Like its going to be pretty well much a full rebuild of the front end so I am hoping I can just un clip the loom and swap it straight over. Will the other loom be compatible? will this be a complete nightmare job replacing loom? I am just trying to get an idea of what I am up against as its going to be a lot of work as it is without doing the loom but I really want my dash lights back

Back