Technical Ducato 2.3 130 JTD 250 CEMAC AXCS Immobiliser issue HELP please.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.3 130 JTD 250 CEMAC AXCS Immobiliser issue HELP please.

Saltpeter

I have a Bessacarr E560 and had a recurrent problem during several trips with random engine cut-outs. No loss of power, the engine just died.It always re-started after a few minutes but I finally had a terminal problem, luckily at home, when the key jammed in the lock. Read up lots on this forum and decided to change the whole lock assembly. This took some time as I was sent the wrong part several times in spite of quoting the VIN etc. Finally got a lock assembly with the correct number of connections, shaft diameter etc and fitted it. Great! Turned the key, all lights came on, engine cranked perfectly but would not start as immobiliser was activated. I read up some more excellent advice on the forum and it seems that all that should be necessary is to keep the old key containing the immobiliser de-activating chip close to the sensing ring around the lock assembly. Tried this with both ''old'' keys but no joy. Immobiliser light stays on and active. Problem is I have no idea where the problem lies. The lock / starter switch assembly is new but the rest is the old existing set up. Anyone got any ideas on how to narrow down the possible cause?
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Does the new key have a chip? If so, then both old and new keys will respond to interrogation, and the signal from the old key would be garbled.

You have stated that the vehicle is a 2.3jtd, but then mention "250", which suggests a later x250 2.3multijet. There are significant wiring differences between the x244 2.3jtd, and the later x250 2.3multijet.

Thanks for your help, as far as I know the new key does not have a chip but I could cover it completely with kitchen foil to block any signal. I'll also check with the supplier of the lock assembly. You are right, my mistake, my Ducato is a 2006 130 multijet [(250 platform CEMAC AXCS chassis).

Back