Technical Duallogic Issues

Currently reading:
Technical Duallogic Issues

ahmett

Prominent member
Hi everyone after my first service when fiat changed the pollen filter my duallogic gearbox is not the same. Sometiems it doesnt allow me to change gears in manual mode and sometimes a message comes out saying manual mode unavailable. It works most of the time but now and then gives me an issue. Now i am thinking this is because of changing the pollen filter (it says in fiat handbook change pollen filter at authorized fiat dealer, but of course my authorized fiat dealer is not competent enough) but what i do not understand is how does changing the pollen filter affect this?

It seems an electrical issue i had fixed the USB port issue when i went last time and they just reset diagnostics. I didnt do it for the duallogic because i didnt think it would be an issue but it does annoy me from time to time so i may have to go to the delaer again if it annoys me at a crucial moment. I cant believe how service people can mess up a car so badly after having had no problems before service!

Last edited:
It is not the gearbox that has the issue its the electronics of the gearbox. I remember the electrician saying that thats why my usb wasnt working because when changing the filter it interferes with electronics and they hadnt reset it. He touched the diagnostics and it was fixed. Also, in the duallogic supplement it says that the filter should be changed by an authroised fiat dealer meaning that only they know the trick of the electronics = ) Otherwise changing a filter is an easy thing!

Ok took it to the dealer some diagnostics and tests and all looks ok. They tried charging me 30 euros for the tests but i told them no take the cash from fiat the car still has a warranty. I hope i dont have to go to my dealer again!

Back