Driver side front suspension arm

Currently reading:
Driver side front suspension arm

dsweeney

Had my sons fiat punto 2002 car back from its pre mot the driver side front suspension arm bolt has sheered off and it has to be replaced can this be done myself or would it have to go into a garage

Also it needs a new oil sump and filter is this easy to take out and replace

Any ideas where to get parts in glasgow area

Any help appreciated

dsweeney said:
Had my sons fiat punto 2002 car back from its pre mot the driver side front suspension arm bolt has sheered off and it has to be replaced can this be done myself or would it have to go into a garage

Also it needs a new oil sump and filter is this easy to take out and replace

Any ideas where to get parts in glasgow area

Any help appreciated

I'm not too sure (Not looked at one for more than a year now) but I'm sure that the bolt in the lower arm is replaceable, just remember to get the right length. All you need to do is jack up the wheel, remove the wheel and punch the old bolt out and put the new one in place.

As for the sump, slightly more awkward (Not specified engine, not sure if it matters). You'll need to drop the down pipe (Atleast on the 16v's apparently). Then its just a case of removing all the bolts round the outer edge, although try not break any in, maybe better working on a hot engine as it should make removing the bolts easier.

The filter is possibly the easiest job, jack the front up, drip try below the engine. from the top, lean over the slam panel and remove by hand, or filterstrap if its been overtightened by previous person.

Try your local dingbro, euro car parts, D&A motor factors, or any other small motor factors for the parts, or if you can wait, ebay :)

HTH

Back