Technical Driver door wont unlock when using remote.

Currently reading:
Technical Driver door wont unlock when using remote.

Hello.. i encountured a waird thing and i need some help from you guys..

2 days ago it happend for the first time. I was early evening with -7°,i tried to ublock the car and all 3 doors exept the drivers one unlocked.. tried again a gew times didnt work. Onec i manualy unlock the car or if i raise the lockknob on the door it unlocks and after that i can remotly lock or unlock it eveeytime again. Later that night samethig happend. Yestrday morning it was -11° and it unlocked fine.. today it got stuck again.. i also noticed some waird rattling sound coming out of the door knob from that door. What could this be? I did replace that door not long ago because of the acident. Is it just ****y? Could there be an easy fix without removing the door panel. Any advice is welcomed ty

Had the same issue with my wife’s 2017 Tipo. Driver door won’t open from the outside but all others work and the drivers door will open from the inside. All cables were connected so it wasn’t that issue. I ended up removing the door panel and taking the lock out completely. The mechanism does come apart (couple of screws and catches). So having seen no obvious broken parts I cleaned out the old lube and applied some fresh. It appears that it just got stuck. Put it all back together hey presto it all works. Bit fiddly but I haven’t seen this fix on the forum.

Yes, this is the fix. And you don't even need to remove the door panel. You can just spray some vaseline into the lock, where the key comes in, then put the key in and movei it lock/unlock several times and it is good.
I did this fix on my Punto about 5 year ago and it still works.

Back