General Double luggage compartment

Currently reading:
General Double luggage compartment

Roadhoguk

Certified Loony
Hey peeps , i am picking up a Croma Eleganza and was hoping it had the double luggage compartment, seems not :(, can anyone tell me what would be needed to affix this into the Eleganze please, a part number for it would be helpful as well if possible.. would the rear seats need changing as well ??

I've got one, and you shouldn't feel like you're missing out on much.

It's been useful about twice, and I could have managed without it on both occasions. The problem is that it's quite a low rating for weight, as it's only plastic.

Anyway, if you look in your boot inside the loading lip you may (or may not) see a rim running along the inside edge of it, about an inch wide. This is where the rear edge of the floor sits. The other end is attached to a huge plastic lump that sits across the back of the back seat, at floor level. I think it just bolts in. This has a rest on top of it, and some plastic arms that allow it to swing between the two positions. The entire plastic thing is about the size of a downpipe (the pipe from a gutter to a drain). Imagine a length of pipe the width of the boot, lying on the floor, directly across the back seat. The raising floor is obviously the size of the boot, and is plastic with a carpeted top.

In fact, see my photos from ages ago...

https://www.fiatforum.com/croma-ii/192533-pics-adjustable-boot-flat-folded-seats.html

Actually, you may also need the raised sides if they're not standard fit.

Last edited:
After I found out how strong? mine is I left it in the down position, where it has been for nearly 4 years. The parts (if obtainable) would probably cost more than the cars worth.

its true, mine has suffered from having too much weight on it previously and the plastic under the carpeted top has split in a couple of places. mine spends over 50% of its time in the lower position and I don't think id miss it if it was not standard on my Prestigio

Mine hasnt broken but is slightly concave distorted from some spilled water and weight and has been in the down position from day one.

i would not bother as previous posts. mine stays in the lower postion all the time, also has slight crack from a previous owner putting too much weight on it. save your money for a new alternator!!!

The problem is that it's quite a low rating for weight, as it's only plastic.

Well, it is specified for 80 kg / 175 lbs. I usually put six crates on it without any problem. Mine is at upper position for 98% of time, so bags, umbrella and other stuff is out of sight. And you need it to have a straight level when the back seats are folded. So it is a very useful feature IMHO.

I must admit that I find it very useful too, I'm not sure what you guys put in your boots to cause so much damage?! I used to carry a small toolbox and some other emergency bits and pieces, which often got in the way in other cars. These now reside under the false floor along with 2 x umbrella's, spare coats, a roll of carpet and (on longer journeys) a decent trolley jack, for hard shoulder wheel changes in the rain!! This leaves the boot totally empty for everyday use. It's still surprisingly big with the floor up. :D

Thanks for all the replies folks.
went into Hartwell Fiat in Hereford yesterday with her, to see if i could snaffle a parts catalogue, and i quote " Fiat what Sir, do you mean 1985" took him and 2 salesmen outside and they both had a good look around her, with the general comments being "very nice"....Sooo not any Croma`s in Hereford it would appear, or at least non that go to the main Fiat dealer.

No Part list though :(.

If any of you not using the double luggage compartment wanna sell it, let me know price and i will get the dosh together :)

The parts list most of us have is ePer, usually from 2005, which lists all fiat cars. It is on one CD, and can be installed on the PC, better with a virtual CD drive.
I can't trace the double boot floor though.

The double boot is great for us. I had it as an option when I bought the Croma. We have a boot that is hidden and a dog that can jump onto a flat surface that is level with the bumper.

Back