Technical Doblo gear selector cables

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo gear selector cables

Danvanman

Good evening knowledgeable ones. I'm very much hoping someone can help. I need to replace my gear selector cables (2007 1.4 petrol) having purchased a set online (ebay) and paid a mechanic for the privilege of them not fitting I'm at a loss. I have enquired with all the usual parts dealers (gsf, euro etc) and they're not showing stock. The nearest I've come is a parts supplier who can obtain them from Italy for a mere £500. Can anyone help me identify a reputable supplier or link or anything. I'm sorry that my first post on the forum is a plea for help but I'm genuinely in need with nowhere to turn to. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope someone can help.

Check yourself for compatibility and ask supplier giving Reg. Number etc. I have found these people helpful.
eBay item number:335267966034
Good morning bugsymike. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to read and reply to me. I cannot believe it! It looks as though the item number you have supplied me with is the correct component! I have messaged the seller with my registration number so hopefully they can confirm. The biggest irony is that they appear to be based in Leeds. I might be able to walk there and pick the order up! I'll post back and let you know the outcome of their reply. Thank you ever so much once again.

Good morning bugsymike. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to read and reply to me. I cannot believe it! It looks as though the item number you have supplied me with is the correct component! I have messaged the seller with my registration number so hopefully they can confirm. The biggest irony is that they appear to be based in Leeds. I might be able to walk there and pick the order up! I'll post back and let you know the outcome of their reply. Thank you ever so much once again.
Just an update on the situation. I placed an order with the aforementioned company and the part arrived the following day (yesterday) before lunch! WOW! I also received confirmation from them that the part matched my vehicle registration number. I've taken the part to my mechanic gadgy and he believes that it looks very similar to the existing arrangement but unfortunately, due to circumstances more than anything, I can't have them fitted until the 8th of April. So, once again, huge thank you for your assistance bugsymike, I'll repost and let you know the final outcome.

So I wanted to just write that this issue has now been resolved. The cables bugsymike brought my attention to fitted perfectly. The vehicle now changes gear beautifully. It drives so much better than it has done since purchase. When my mechanic guru showed me the old cables it was clear that one of them was bent at the end which was causing interface when moved backwards and forwards. Top job bugsymike and a hugely massive thank you very much.

Back