Technical Doblo 1.9d (non turbo) crank sensor help

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.9d (non turbo) crank sensor help

thetyrant

Hi,
Hope someone can help on here, my dads 51 plate 1.9D doblo is having issues with stopping and not starting till cooled down, after some searching on here it looks like it could well be the crank sensor, can someone point me at the location of the sensors so we can get it remove and fit a new one ?

Any help welcome :)

CHeers
Ian

Hi mate,it is usually situated at the back of the engine,just above the sump to block joint,close to the gearbox end of engine.
Some have a short flylead that connects to loom and some just unplug from loom,take care not to break plastic clip that retains it.
Clean around the area befor removing so nothing drops into sump,think they are held in either by a 6mm bolt or torx (10mm spanner or torx bit).
Access is easiest from underneath,only go underneath if vehicle is safely supported by ramp or stands correctly placed.
Apply a little smear of grease to O ring on new sensor to ease fitment,hope this helps,John.

Hi mate,it is usually situated at the back of the engine,just above the sump to block joint,close to the gearbox end of engine.
Some have a short flylead that connects to loom and some just unplug from loom,take care not to break plastic clip that retains it.
Clean around the area befor removing so nothing drops into sump,think they are held in either by a 6mm bolt or torx (10mm spanner or torx bit).
Access is easiest from underneath,only go underneath if vehicle is safely supported by ramp or stands correctly placed.
Apply a little smear of grease to O ring on new sensor to ease fitment,hope this helps,John.

Hi,
Thanks for the help, got the car up on ramps on saturday and was easy enough to locate, its just under the starter motor on back of block/gearbox end as you say, same as instructions on here for the JTD model as well or anyone else wondering :)

New sensor ordered today so will get that in tonight and see if we can get the old mans truck capable of more than 5-10 minutes of running before it packs in and he then has to wait 45 mins or so before he can move it again!

Certainly sounds like cranks sensor so fingers crossed, if not any other ideas on this ?

Symptoms as above, starts and run perfect from cold but after 5-10 minutes of running it just cuts out and wont start till its been stood 45mins or so to cool down! then it fires back up again perfect before same happens again a few minutes down the road, most annoying!

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
My Dads Doblo has just started doing exactly the same as this, went to GSF car parts today, but they dont list any crank sensor for the van. Which factor did you go to Ian?

My Dads Doblo has just started doing exactly the same as this, went to GSF car parts today, but they dont list any crank sensor for the van. Which factor did you go to Ian?

I cant remember the part number sorry but just went into my local motor factors (not GSF branch though) and asked for the crank sensor on a 1.9d doblo and they got me one.

Cheers
Ian

Just like to say thanks to Ian for posting this problem up on here, I fitted the crank sensor this morning and works a treat, been driving it most of the afternoon and hasnt missed a beat.. was a fuel parts crank sensor £29.50 from a small motor factor in Coventry.

Thanks again Ian (y)(y)(y):worship::worship:

Glad you got it sorted :)...nice when its a cheap part and easy to fit as well :D

Cheers
Ian

Back